What is Bad Breath?
Bad breath, otherwise known as halitosis is a very common and troublesome condition that affects approximately 25% of the population at some point.
For many people, bad breath is a temporary and brief concern that may only arise at certain times of the day (such as on waking), or after eating certain foods such as garlic or onions.
For others, bad breath is a more severe and persistent condition that can have long reaching affects such as social isolation, relationship and work problems.
What causes Bad Breath?
Some causes of bad breath include:
- Poor oral hygiene or health, including tooth decay and/or gum disease.
- A dry mouth (most often caused by stress, fasting, smoking, and alcohol consumption.)
- An over growth of certain bacteria in the mouth and digestive system
- Sinus infections
- Side effect of certain medications (especially those that cause dry mouth as a side effect)
- Certain foods can cause bad breath such as garlic, onions, anchovies, and high protein diets
- Poor digestion
- Poor liver health
Help and treatment for people with Bad Breath
When sucking on peppermint sweets is no longer solving your bad breath problem, it is comforting to know that nature has a solution.
There are a number of natural herbal and homeopathic ingredients such as Kali. Phos, Silica and Sweet Fennel which have been shown to dramatically reduce the symptom of bad breath, while helping to combat some of the underlying causes; thus leaving breath naturally sweet and inoffensive.