Uncover the REAL reasons it's so hard to lose weight
Although a balanced diet, sleep and regular exercise are the cornerstones of good health, many times, people struggle with weight problems and obesity for years before discovering a problem such as a hormonal imbalance or a food allergy. However, these disorders can be underlying roadblocks that affect metabolism and weight.
Below is a list of the most common disorders that may be the leading cause(s) behind weight gain and/or the inability to lose weight:
- Hypothyroidism: A deficiency in thyroid hormones can slow down the metabolism of food, causing appetite loss and weight gain. Weight gain is caused by the accumulation of fat and retention of fluid caused by protein deposits in the body. Sometimes an unhealthy lifestyle can actually contribute to the thyroid gland slowing down.
- Try Thyroid Assist™ to improve health & functioning for sluggish thyroids, plus healthy energy levels, or ThyroSoothe™ to soothe the thyroid gland & promote health.
- Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency: The body needs good fats, such as the essential fatty acids found in cold water fish, flaxseed and olive oils, to produce hormones and maintain proper metabolic rate. Deficiency may cause intense cravings for fatty foods.
- Kidney, Heart or Liver Disease: Problems in these organs can cause fluid retention and puffiness all over the body, especially the eyes and ankles. When liver disease is present, high cholesterol can also become a problem, since one of the liver’s functions is to synthesize cholesterol.
- Candidiasis: An overgrowth of the fungus Candida albicans can also cause weight gain or difficulty losing weight. Symptoms of Candidiasis include intense cravings for sweet foods, fatigue, headaches, depression, and anxiety, among other things.
- Try Candidate™ to support normal levels of systemic Candida and promote balanced probiotic flora in the body.
- Blood Sugar Imbalance: The consumption of simple, refined carbohydrates causes rapid fluctuations in blood sugar levels. For example, eating a sugary treat increases the amount of sugar in the blood. The hormone insulin is then released, which causes sugar to be stored away and blood sugar levels to be lowered, which triggers the need for more sweets in order to stabilize blood sugar balance.
- Try Insulate Plus™ to maintain healthy blood sugar levels and promote pancreatic health & Triple Complex Diabetonic™ to correct mineral imbalances in the blood and pancreas.
- Prescription Drugs: Certain medications such as those used in hormone replacement therapy as well as oral contraceptives containing estrogen can cause fluid retention and increased appetite. Other drugs that can lead to weight gain are steroids, non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), antidepressants and diabetic medications.
- Try Detox Drops™ for 100% natural and effective system cleansing, detoxification and toxin elimination.
- Emotional Eating: Some people respond to depression and stress by eating excessively. Occasionally, sources of stress may not be apparent, but still affect eating habits and cause weight gain.
- Try MindSoothe™ to promote balanced mood, emotional health and feelings of well-being & EcoSlim™ to improve metabolism and healthy weight loss.
- Cushing's Syndrome: This is a disorder caused by an excess of the hormone cortisol. Fat accumulates in the face, abdomen and upper back. The arms and legs usually remain slender.
- Food Sensitivity: Reactions to foods are not always immediate as is the case of food allergies. When food sensitivity is present, long-term bloating and swelling can occur in the hands, feet, ankles, abdomen, chin, and around the eyes. Most of the perceived weight gained is actually fluid retention caused by inflammation and the release of certain hormones. In addition, there is sometimes fermentation of foods, particularly carbohydrates in the intestines, which can result in a swollen belly.
- Try Triple Complex Slimmer's Assist™ to help improve sluggish digestion, boost metabolism & increase weight loss.
If you suspect you may be suffering from an underlying disease that is hampering
your weight loss efforts, talk to your medical professional for a proper diagnosis. While symptoms of disease manifest imbalances in the body, this can start to be reversed by adopting a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet, and regular exercise.
Natural remedies can also be used to help restore balance and vitality to the body. Herbs and homeopathic remedies are readily available to support your physical, emotional and mental well-being. Unlike prescription drugs, natural remedies support overall health and functioning rather than just suppressing symptoms.
For additional support in children:
JuniorSlim™ Helps maintain a healthy weight & balanced metabolism in children and preteens, plus assists slimming programs