- Does it really work?
- How long has this product been on the market?
- What exactly does Thyroid Assist do?
- What does Thyroid Assist contain?
- Is Thyroid Assist approved by the FDA?
- How do I use Thyroid Assist?
- In what form does Thyroid Assist come?
- How do you properly store this product?
- How often should I use and why?
- How long until support is seen?
- Does Thyroid Assist have any side effects?
- How long does a bottle last?
- Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
- What is the shelf life?
- How long until results are seen?
- Can I take it with other prescription thyroid replacement hormones such as Synthroid or Levothyroxine?
- Does it have any contraindications?
- Can children take Thyroid Assist?
- Why is not recommended for people with low blood pressure or peptic ulcers?
- Can I take it if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
1. Does it really work?
Thyroid Assist has been very effective with a very high success rate. We get an extremely high reorder rate on the product, indicating that our customers are very satisfied with it. In fact, it has been sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world!
2. How long has this product been on the market?
All of our natural remedies are formulated by our expert team of herbalists, naturopaths and homeopaths, and headed by Michele Carelse. Michele has been providing these natural remedies to her clients, with great success, for over ten years. All Native Remedies products are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards - using only the best quality raw ingredients from nature's medicine chest - that is why we are The Natural Choice.
3. What exactly does Thyroid Assist do?
Thyroid Assist is a 100% safe, non-addictive, natural thyroid remedy specially formulated to relieve the symptoms of hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid). Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine, Thyroid Assist has been used for many years to safely and effectively relieve symptoms such as depression, fatigue, constipation and weight gain.
Thyroid Assist contains a selection of herbs that have been carefully selected for their beneficial effect on thyroid functioning, as well as on overall systemic health, thus helping to maintain a balanced metabolism, body temperature, fertility, a healthy weight and routine, healthy performance. Regular use of Thyroid Assist can help to restore deficient iodine levels, while also stimulating the thyroid to produce crucial thyroid hormones, thereby treating hypothyroidism.
4. What does Thyroid Assist contain?
Thyroid Assist is a 100% herbal formula which contains the following carefully selected herbs in therapeutic dosage:
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosis) is a sea vegetable that is a prime source of iodine, an ingredient that is crucial in preventing thyroid problems. It has been used medicinally for thousands of years, especially in traditional Chinese medicine. Apart from its beneficial effect on thyroid functioning, it is also used as a metabolic stimulant and can be found in many slimming remedies. Studies have investigated its support of the thyroid (Clark CD, Bassett B, Burge MR. "Effects of kelp supplementation on thyroid function in euthyroid subjects." Endocr Pract 2003;9(5):363-369. ). Please note: When using kelp as a therapeutic supplement, always make sure that the kelp used is sourced by a reputable and trusted company. Kelp harvested from the beach or near the coast may be contaminated with industrial waste, sewage, lead, mercury or other toxins. Kelp used in Thyroid Assist has been harvested only from uncontaminated areas and screened for the presence of toxins and contamination.
- Green oats (Avena sativa) is traditionally used in folk medicine, as well as in modern herbalism. Derived from the wild oat plant, Avena sativa is rumored to support healthy sexual function. We’ve all heard the sexual metaphor about sowing your wild oats! Avena sativa is a well-known restorative and nerve tonic, used to treat depression, lack of energy, as well as hypothyroidism. More recently it has also been shown to be effective in reducing high cholesterol levels. The active ingredients in green oats include saponins; flavonoids; minerals; alkaloids; steroidal compounds; vitamins B1, B2, D, E, and carotene; and wheat protein (Connor J, Connor T, Marshall PB, et al. "The pharmacology of Avena sativa." J Pharm Pharmacol 1975;27(2):92-98.).
- Makandi (Coleus forskohlii) is a well-respected Ayurvedic remedy traditionally used to treat high blood pressure. Clinical trials have shown that forskolin (a chemical found in coleus) acts to stimulate the thyroid to release thyroid hormones and is therefore beneficial in the treatment of hypothyroidism (Saunier B, Dib K, Delemer B, et al. Cyclic AMP regulation of Gs protein. "Thyrotropin and forskolin increase the quantity of stimulatory guanine nucleotide-binding proteins in cultured thyroid follicles." J Biol Chem 1990;265(32):19942-19946. ) (Roger PP, Servais P, Dumont JE. ‘Regulation of dog thyroid epithelial cell cycle by forskolin, an adenylate cyclase activator’. Exp Cell Res 1990;172:282–92).
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combines the best quality, laboratory-tested, raw ingredients, good manufacturing practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
This product contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, is suitable for lacto-vegetarians, is not tested on animals, and backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
5. Is Thyroid Assist approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. Since Thyroid Assist is an herbal dietary supplement, it falls under the ambit of the FDA. In 1994 the FDA set up guidelines for dietary supplements, including labeling requirements, and created the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA). Thyroid Assist follows all of DSHEA's guidelines. In addition, Native Remedies is an FDA-registered Food Facility, and all of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP-certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
6. How do I use Thyroid Assist?
Dilute drops in a small amount of water or juice.
Adults & Children 15+: Take 0.50 mL 2-3 times daily.
Caution: Do not take Thyroid Assist if you have an overactive thyroid. Thyroid Assist is not recommended if you have low blood pressure or peptic ulcers. Consult with your doctor if you are already on prescription medication. Safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not yet been established.
7. In what form does Thyroid Assist come?
Thyroid Assist comes in a concentrated tincture formula.
8. How do you properly store this product?
Best storage is in a cool (not cold) dark place out of direct sunlight such as a cupboard or closet. The product does not need to be refrigerated.
9. How often should I use and why?
Use Thyroid Assist consistently to support health and systemic balance in the endocrine system.
10. How long until support is seen?
Results may vary due to a number of influential factors. Over time (usually 3-6 weeks) Thyroid Assist will act in a supportive capacity to a healthy endocrine system to relieve symptoms of hypothyroidism, with some individuals responding sooner than others. Best results are when Thyroid Assist is used consistently.
11. Does Thyroid Assist have any side effects?
No, Thyroid Assist does not have any side effects as it is 100% herbal and natural. The ingredients of Thyroid Assist have a high safety profile and are generally very well tolerated without any side effects or interactions with other drugs.
12. How long does a bottle last?
One bottle of Thyroid Assist at full adult dosage (0.50 mL three times daily) will last approximately 40 days.
13. Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not yet been established.
14. What is the shelf life?
The product expiration date can be found on the label. Please note: Some bottle types have the expiration date printed directly onto the bottle itself.
15. How long until results are seen?
With regular use, improvement should be noted within 3-6 weeks, although some people may take more or less time to respond. Degree of improvement (e.g. complete cure vs. improvement/reduction in symptoms) depends on many different factors, including severity and chronicity of symptoms, as well as lifestyle factors like diet and exercise levels.
16. Can I take it with other prescription thyroid replacement hormones such as Synthroid or Levothyroxine?
Thyroid Assist may be taken on its own or along with prescription medications for hypothyroidism. However, if you decide to take Thyroid Assist along with your medication, we recommend regular checks on thyroid functioning as your prescription meds may need to be reduced due to the beneficial effects of Thyroid Assist. May be used along with artificial thyroid hormones only if you have an under-active thyroid. In many cases, use for thyroid hormone becomes unnecessary due to the excellent results from Thyroid Assist. Consult with your doctor if you are already on prescription medication.
17. Does it have any contraindications?
Not recommended for people with low blood pressure or peptic ulcers.
18. Can children take Thyroid Assist?
Thyroid Assist can be used for anyone over the age of 6 years old. Dosage for a child would be one drop per age year of child. If your child is already taking medication for hypothyroidism, you can use the Thyroid Assist as well, but please do so under the medical supervision of your doctor; the reason being that Thyroid Assist can improve the levels quite efficiently.
19. Why is not recommended for people with low blood pressure or peptic ulcers?
You can take Thyroid Assist safely so long as you monitor your blood pressure regularly. However, if you have problems associated with low blood pressure (e.g. persistent dizziness) then it would probably be better to avoid Thyroid Assist. The reason for this is that Thyroid Assist contains Coleus forskohlii, which is also used to treat high blood pressure. For this reason, it is not recommended for people who are diagnosed with low blood pressure.
20. Can I take it if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.