1. How long has this product been on the market?
All of our natural remedies are formulated by our expert team of herbalists, naturopaths and homeopaths, and headed by Michele Carelse. Michele has been providing these natural remedies to her clients, with great success, for over ten years. All Native Remedies products are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards - using only the best quality raw ingredients from nature's medicine chest - that is why we are The Natural Choice.
2. What exactly does StretchEasy Massage Oil help with?
StretchEasy Massage Oil is a 100% natural, safe and effective formula of essential oils that protects and pampers your skin, softens and conditions the skin and underlying connective tissue, prevents the formation of new stretch marks and reduces the appearance of existing stretch marks. The aroma of this massage oil also creates a relaxing and uplifting experience, while the massage helps to relax and induce feelings of well being.
3. What does StretchEasy Massage Oil contain?
StretchEasy Massage Oil contains the following carefully selected essential aromatherapy oils in therapeutic dosage:
- Mandarin essential oil is a soothing oil that helps the skin retain moisture and nutrients, enhancing elasticity.
- Neroli essential oil is a relaxing oil and has a wonderful balancing effect on all skin types - from oily to dry. This essential oil is also known to help the skin in its function of the regeneration of skin cells.
- Patchouli essential oil has regenerative properties and is widely used as a luxurious skin tonic. (Wei A, Shibamoto T. "Antioxidant activities and volatile constituents of various essential oils." J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Mar 7;55(5):1737-42.)
- Rose Geranium essential oil is an uplifting oil widely used to support healthy skin tone and rejuvenate the skin. It is often recommended by aromatherapists for use on scars as well as for stretch marks and cellulite. Rose Geranium essential oil also helps to maintain hormonal and fluid balance in the body.
- Rosehip essential oil is a well known nourishing and soothing skin tonic often recommended during pregnancy, for its promotion of skin health in particular. (Shabykin, G. P. and Godorazhi, A. I. "A polyvitamin preparation of fat-soluble vitamins (carotolin) and rose hip oil in the treatment of certain dermatoses". Vestn.Dermatol.Venerol. 1967;41(4):71-73.)
- Vitamin E oil is also a popular oil for all types of scars and stretch marks. This oil supports skin health, addresses damage from free-radicals and helps to maintain elasticity. (Vijayaraghavan R, Suribabu CS, Sekar B, et al. "Protective role of vitamin E on the oxidative stress in Hansen's disease (Leprosy) patients." Eur J Clin Nutr 2005 Oct;59(10):1121-8.)
- Carrier base ingredients arachis oil (derived from peanuts), almond oil, grape seed oil and wheat germ oil.
Native Remedies' aromatherapy oils are created to the highest therapeutic standards using only pure essential oils. All our aromatherapy products are 100% free of added synthetic parfumes or preservatives and are formulated by our Clinical Psychologist and manufactured for you under the supervision of a trained aromatherapist, using classic aromatherapy principles.
This product contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, parfumes or preservatives, is suitable for vegans and lacto-vegetarians, is not tested on animals, and is backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
4. How do I use StretchEasy Massage Oil?
Place bottle in receptacle of hot (not boiling) water to warm. Rub hands together to warm, apply a small amount of oil to the palm of the hand and massage the abdomen. The therapeutic effects of the oils are released with heat and friction.
Adults: Apply approximately 2.5-5 ml of essential oil after bath or shower.
Note: StretchEasy Massage Oil is safe to use during pregnancy. For a complete solution to prevent stretch marks by improving skin tone, flexibility and elasticity, use StretchEasy Formula ™.
Caution: Contains groundnut oils and is therefore not recommended for people with nut allergies.
5. What is the shelf life?
The product expiration date can be found on the label. Please note: Some bottle types have the expiration date printed directly onto the bottle itself.
6. Is StretchEasy Massage Oil approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. Since StretchEasy Massage Oil is an herbal product, they fall under the ambit of the FDA. In 1994, the FDA set up guidelines for dietary supplements, including labeling requirements, and created the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA). StretchEasy Massage Oil follows all of DSHEA's guidelines. In addition, Native Remedies is an FDA-registered Food Facility, and all of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP-certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
7. Does StretchEasy Massage Oil have any side effects?
No, StretchEasy Massage Oil does not have any side effects as it is 100% natural and safe during pregnancy.
8. What are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are scars that are caused when the skin is over-stretched during periods of rapid weight-gain such as adolescence and pregnancy. The middle layer of the skin, known as the dermis, contains elastic fibers of tissue that can stretch to a certain point - beyond which they lose their elasticity and break down. In these areas a type of scar tissue forms to strengthen the "weakened" area. Stretch marks usually start out bright red or purple but often fade to a lighter gray or white color.
9. Do all pregnant women get stretch marks?
Approximately 75 - 90% of pregnant women get stretch marks during pregnancy. They are most common during the last stages of pregnancy but prevention should be started early for optimum effectiveness.
10. I have heard that some essential oils should not be used during pregnancy. How safe are the essential oils in your StretchEasy Massage Oil?
You can rest assured that all of the essential oils used in our StretchEasy Massage Oil are completely safe to use during pregnancy and will have only positive effects on the expecting-mom and unborn baby.
11. All my sisters and my mother developed stretch marks during pregnancy, so isn't it inevitable that I'll get them too?
Genes do play an important role in who is susceptible to stretch marks and you obviously can't change your genes. You can, however, affect whether you get stretch marks or how severe they are by a number of simple measures including using our natural products and following the steps listed below.
12. What else can I do?
There are a number of things you can do to maintain the integrity and health of your skin and prevent stretch marks that are so common in pregnancy.
The first step is to eat a healthy, balanced diet. You should not diet at all during pregnancy but remember you don't really need to eat for two either! It is best to monitor your weight gain and try not to exceed the recommendations that your doctor will have discussed with you. You should gain weight steadily throughout the 9 months of pregnancy- a total of between 25 and 35 pounds. This way, you will not only ensure optimal nutritional health but your skin will also have a chance to stretch gradually rather than suddenly increasing in size thereby creating stretch marks.
It is also important to drink plenty of water to keep your skin and whole body well-hydrated. Dehydrated skin is more susceptible to all types of damage and scarring.
Remember that once you have given birth you are still at risk for getting stretch marks due to the rapid loss of weight. Keep up with all your good habits at least until you are back at your approximate pre-pregnancy weight and do not try to lose weight too suddenly by crash dieting. Breastfeeding is a good way to lose weight steadily and, contrary to what some people tell you, will not cause stretch marks!
Use StretchEasy Massage Oil in combination with our internal StretchEasy Formula for optimum skin health and maximum protection from stretch marks.