Native Remedies' Online Holistic Directory of Natural and Alternative Health Resources.
From ADHD to skin care, our online holistic directory is a handy go-to resource tool listing information sources for news, research articles, events, health tools, support groups, online communities and more. Here you’ll find information on various diseases, conditions, and health topics for many natural and alternative health issues, all in one easy-to-use guide. If you have a website and would like to be listed on in our online directory, please feel free to submit your information to us, and we’ll try to include it as a health resource. Please visit our submission policies.
Publications & News
- Medical News Today - Brings you hourly health news from well-regarded sources such as JAMA, BMJ, Lancet, BMA, plus articles written by their own team
- PubMed Central (PMC) - The U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- PubMed - A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes over 18 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles back to 1948.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine NCCAM) - A newsletter focused on patient care and research from the NCCAM, a component of the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Total Health Breakthroughs- A free, natural health newsletter with the latest information and progressive techniques regarding organic health and wellness, natural remedies and preventative therapies.
- World Health Organization - News releases and statements from WHO which is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters.
- Natural News - Educational website which offers thousands of articles and dozens of downloadable reports and guides that are designed to educate and empower individuals, families and communities so that they may experience improved health, awareness and life fulfillment.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine - The world's largest medical library which collects materials and provides information and research services in all areas of biomedicine and health care.
- MedLine Plus - A collection of authoritative information from NLM, NIH, and other government agencies and health-related organizations, including medical journal articles, drug information, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials and the latest health news.
Clinical Research & Trials:
- ClinicalTrials.gov - National Library of Medicine's registry of federally and privately supported clinical trials conducted in the United States and around the world with information about a trial's purpose, who may participate, locations and phone numbers for more details.
- CenterWatch - A leading source of news, directories, analysis, and proprietary market research for clinical research professionals and patients with one of the largest databases of global clinical trials actively seeking patients on the Internet.
- Clinical Connection - A leading source for trustworthy and timely clinical trials information, listings and notifications.
- NIH Clinical Center - A leading source of clinical news, events, research, studies, jobs, education, training for clinical research professionals and patients.
- NIH Clinical Studies Search - A collection of studies conducted at the NIH Clinical Center.
- The Center for Information & Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP) - A non-profit organization focused on educating and informing the public about clinical research participation.
Programs & Events
- Omega Institute for Holistic Studies - Workshops, conferences, and retreats in Rhinebeck, New York and at exceptional locations around the world.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine Events - Upcoming CAM-related meetings and workshops.
- World Health Organization Events - WHO events, meetings and consultations.
- HealthFinder.gov - National health observances used to raise awareness of important health topics.
Support Groups & Online Communities
- Health Boards - A place where you can connect with others who are dealing with a medical condition and going through the same thing as you.
- Daily Strength - A comprehensive health network of people sharing advice, treatment experience and support.
- MDJunction - An active center for online support groups, a place where thousands of patients meet every day to discuss their feelings, questions and hopes with likeminded friends.
- Everyday Health - Whether you’re a patient or a caregiver, have a specific concern or are interested in overall wellness, this is a place to connect with new friends to exchange tips, coping strategies and opinions.
- Care2 - Online community empowering people to lead a healthy and green lifestyle while taking action on important causes offering powerful tools to make a difference in your life, community, country and world.
Better Health - A network of healthcare professional blogs, offering commentary on news, research, health policy, healthcare reform, true stories, disease management and expert interviews.
The Health and Wellness Blog At SNUNS.net - Health and wellness blog with posts containing insights for your overall health.
Fun & Food Café - Food blog for all your cooking needs with posts about recipes, health, diet, food and nutrition, guiding you to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Digg Health - Health blog by Berekala and Rainier, with posts about different aspects of health which can help you lead a fuller life.
Evolving Wellness - Health blog by Evita Ochel, B.Sc.,B.Ed.,CHN, a certified Holistic Nutritionist, with posts on all topics holistic, natural, and green regarding your health and wellness.
Balanced Health and Nutrition - Health blog by Rebecca Scritchfield, a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a certified Health and Fitness Specialist, with posts about the latest food, nutrition and exercise information.
LunchBox Bunch - Food blog by Kathy Patalsky, the creator of the healthy kids brand The Lunchbox Bunch (LBB) and self-taught vegan chef , with posts about recipes, wellness tips, super foods, travel quips and wellness news.
Health Blog - Health blog dedicated to health care, health insurance, and health articles, it’s all about health .
Health and Survival - Health blog by Dr. Eric Madrid, a Family Medical Doctor, with posts about various health, survival or other topics, including product reviews.
Health Nut Wannabee Mom - Health blog by Heidi, a stay at home mom, with posts about health, nutrition, weight loss tips and more!
- History of Medicine (IHM) - Provides access to nearly 70,000 images in the collections of the History of Medicine Division (HMD) of the U.S National Library of Medicine (NLM). The collection includes portraits, photographs, caricatures, genre scenes, posters, and graphic art illustrating the social and historical aspects of medicine dated from the 15th to 21st century.
- National Eye Institute (NEI) - A collection of vision-related images that can be downloaded in a variety of formats.
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) - A collection of Alzheimer's disease related images with captions.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) - Images with captions on the Cardiovascular System, Digestive Tract, Endocrine/Reproductive System, Epidemiology, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Genetics, Immune System, Liver, Metabolism, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Treatment and Prevention.
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) - A collection of biodefense-related photos and graphics.
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) - A database containing photographs, illustrations and abstracts depicting areas of NIAMS research.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) - An image library with anatomical, medical, instructional, lifestyle and activity illustrations and photos produced by the NIDDK Information Clearinghouses.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) - High-quality digital photographs available from the NCCAM for scientific and educational uses.
- Health Video - A rich video library on health topics ranging from healthy aging to diseases and conditions to children's health.
- Video MD - A comprehensive library of health videos created by physicians, for physicians and to help physicians fully educate patients on their specific healthcare concerns.
- HealthiNation - A source for health and wellness videos, from doctors and experts you can trust.
- NY Wellness Guide - Natural and alternative health video guides to stress management, personal growth, nutrition and wellbeing.
- Medical News Today - An extensive health video library.
- The North American Society of Homeopaths (NASH) - The NASH is dedicated to set standards of competency and to certify individuals in the practice of classical homeopathy in order to inform and protect health care consumers in search of homeopathic treatment.
- The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) - The OCA is an online and grassroots non-profit public interest organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability. The OCA deals with crucial issues of food safety, industrial agriculture, genetic engineering, children's health, corporate accountability, Fair Trade, environmental sustainability and other key topics.
- NetWellness - NetWellness is a non-profit consumer health web site that provides high quality information created and evaluated by medical and health professional faculty from the Case Western Reserve University, The Ohio State University, and University of Cincinnati.
- American Holistic Medical Association (AHMA) - A leading advocate for the use of holistic and integrative medicine by all licensed healthcare providers.
Subject Specific Resources:
Beauty & Personal Care Resources
- FreeBeautyTips.org - Provides fabulous beauty-inspired content to women who want to combine great looks with terrific health.
- BecomeGorgeous.com - A community where you can express who you are, find new friends, and keep up with the new trends in fashion, beauty and shopping
- Beauty Tips Hub - Free beauty tips on bridal make up, hair styles and much more to celebrate the power of beauty.
Body & Physical Care Resources
- Teen's Health - From growing up to getting braces, popping pimples to catching some ZZZs, this section gives you the basics on your changing body - from head to toe.
- Natural Physiques - Covers all aspects of fitness, fat loss, and strength training - with over 500 tips and articles.
- Physical Health Guide - Offers information on nutrition, diet, exercise, fitness, strength training, and weight loss.
Dental Health Resources
- The Holistic Dental Association (HDA) - Provides information to the public of the benefits of holistic dentistry for their health and well-being.
- The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) - Improving oral, dental and craniofacial health through research, research training and the dissemination of health information.
- The American Dental Association (ADA) - Provides comprehensive reference information about current dentistry issues as they relate to the public.
- WorlDental.org - A dental health magazine created to help people take care of their smile, oral and overall health.
Nutrition, Diet & Fitness Resources
- The American Society for Nutrition (ASN) - A premier source for sound nutrition science information to health care professionals, policymakers, the media and the public.
- The President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports - Serves as a catalyst to promote health, physical activity, and fitness for people of all ages.
- Ask the Dietitian - Provides answers to commonly asked questions about healthy eating, diets and weight.
Mental Health Resources
- Safe Harbor - Provides education and choice to the public in the matter of alternative mental health practices.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - One of the largest grassroot mental health groups devoted to improving the lives of those affected by mental illness.
- Healthyplace.com - One of the largest consumer mental health sites on the net providing authoritative information to people with mental health concerns.
Men's Health Resources
- Men's Health Network - A national non-profit organization whose mission is to reach men with health prevention messages and tools.
- Mens-Health.com - Offers resources for men, all together in one convenient and easy to use location.
- MaleHealth.co.uk - Provides essential, accurate, easy to use information about the key health problems that affect men.
Women's Health Resources
- National Women's Health Information Center - Reliable and current information resource on women’s health today.
- The National Women's Health Resource Center - Provides women with in-depth, objective, physician-approved information on a range of women's health issues.
- The National Partnership for Women & Families - Promotes public policies and business practices that expand opportunities for women.
- Women's Health, UK - Provides accurate information that aims to give women insight on their health and promote healthy lifestyles.
Pregnancy & Conception Resources
- Pregnancy.org - A website built to educate, empower, and connect ourselves, other parents, and people trying to become parents.
- Planned Parenthood - The official gateway to the online Planned Parenthood community and to a wealth of reproductive health and rights information.
- American Pregnancy Association - A national health organization committed to promoting reproductive and pregnancy wellness.
Mom & Baby Health Resources
- Holistic Moms Network - Connects parents, creates supportive communities, and helps parents and others to learn about holistic and green living.
- March of Dimes Foundation - Helps pregnant women know what to worry about and what not to worry about when it comes to having a healthy baby.
- BabyCenter - Supports parents through their journey of parenthood with a blend of expert advice and user-created wisdom.
Children's Health Resources
- GirlsHealth.gov - Helps girls learn about health, growing up, and issues they may face focusing on health topics that girls are concerned about.
- KidsHealth - Provides families with perspective and advice about a wide range of physical, emotional, and behavioral issues that affect children.
- WebMD Children's Health Center - Provides parents with health and safety information to keep children happy and healthy.
Senior's Health Resources
- NIHSeniorHealth - Easy-to-use website featuring health and wellness information for older adults from the National Institutes of Health.
- SeniorHealthCare.org - Provides older adults with the most current information about issues concerning senior health, lifestyles, and wellness.
- National Council on Aging (NCOA) - A national voice for older adults and organizations that serve them to help seniors live independently and improve their health.
General Health Resources
- American Holistic Health Association (AHHA) - One of the leading resources connecting people with solutions for reaching a higher level of wellness.
- The Green Guide - Intended for general consumers to show people how to make small changes that add up to big benefits for their wallets and for their health.
- The Holistic Option - Provides organized, reliable content online for consumers who seek a holistic model of healthcare.