1. Does it really work?
SlenderPet has been very effective with a very high success rate. We get an extremely high reorder rate on the product, indicating that our customers are very satisfied with it. In fact, it has been sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world!
2. How long has this product been on the market?
All of our natural remedies are formulated by our expert team of herbalists, naturopaths and homeopaths, and headed by Michele Carelse. Michele has been providing these natural remedies to her clients, with great success, for over ten years. All Native Remedies products are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards - using only the best quality raw ingredients from nature's medicine chest - that is why we are The Natural Choice.
3. What exactly does SlenderPet do?
SlenderPet is a 100% herbal remedy specially formulated to assist pets to maintain healthy body weight by supporting liver and thyroid functioning, metabolism, and the body's ability to eliminate fat.
4. What does SlenderPet contain?
Slender Pet contains the following 100% natural ingredients:
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosis) is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. Iodine assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) was used more than three thousand years ago by Indian healers in the management of healthy body weight. Modern research has shown that Curcuma has a tonic effect on the liver, supporting the flow of bile, which is responsible for the breakdown of dietary fat. It has also been studied for its ability to support overall health (Ruby, A. J., Kuttan, G., Babu, K. D., Rajasekharan, K. N., and Kuttan, R. "Anti-tumour and antioxidant activity of natural curcuminoids." Cancer Lett. 7-20-1995;94(1):79-83)
- Milk Thistle (Sylibum marianus) is regarded as one of the most important herbal liver tonics and restoratives and its use may be traced back more than 2000 years. Milk Thistle has been subject to many clinical trials which clearly demonstrate its effectiveness. Clinical studies have shown that it helps the liver to maintain normal functioning. (Katiyar SK, Korman NJ, Mukhtar H, et al. "Protective effects of silymarin against photocarcinogenesis in a mouse skin model." J Natl Cancer Inst 1997; 89(8):556-566.) Scientific analysis of Milk Thistle shows that it contains a flavonoid complex called silymarin, which is largely responsible for the therapeutic benefits of this herb. Silymarin is a powerful anti-oxidant and can help to promote healthy liver functioning. (Mourelle M, Muriel P, Favari L, et al. "Prevention of CCL4-induced liver cirrhosis by silymarin." Fundam Clin Pharmacol 1989; 3(3):183-191.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It supports liver and gall bladder functioning and may also assist in the maintenance of healthy blood pressure within normal levels, as it supports fluid balance in the body. (Racz-Kotilla, E., Racz, G., and Solomon, A. "The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals." Planta Med 1974;26(3):212-217. )(Hook I, McGee A, Henman M, and et al. "Evaluation of dandelion for diuretic activity and variation in potassium content." Int J Pharmacog 1993;31(1):29-34.) Taraxacum also contains bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver and digestive system. (Kuusi T, Pyylaso H, and Autio K. "The bitterness properties of dandelion." II. Chemical investigations. Lebensm-Wiss Technol 1985; 18:347-349.)
- Rice Powder (inactive ingredient)
5. Is SlenderPet approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. Since SlenderPet is a herbal dietary supplement, it falls under the ambit of the FDA. In 1994 the FDA set up guidelines for dietary supplements, including labeling requirements, and created the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA). SlenderPet follows all of DSHEA's guidelines. In addition, Native Remedies is an FDA-registered Food Facility, and all of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP-certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
6. What is the proper dosage?
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
7. In what form does SlenderPet come in?
SlenderPet comes in convenient capsule form. Capsules may be swallowed whole by larger dogs. However, most owners find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a (low- fat) treat, preventing stress to both pet and owner.
Cats especially hate to have medicine forced down their throats and will happily eat the dried herb when it is mixed with a little fish or meat.
8. How do you properly store this product?
Best storage is in a cool (not cold) dark place out of direct sunlight such as a cupboard or closet. The product does not need to be refrigerated.
9. How often should I use and why?
Use regularly as part of a total weight management program, to support systemic balance and healthy weight management.
10. How long until support is seen?
Results will vary depending on factors like diet, exercise, and overall health of your pet. Regular exercise and a healthy diet will further enhance your pet's health, as well as the effectiveness of SlenderPet.
11. Does SlenderPet have any side effects?
No, SlenderPet does not have any side effects as it is 100% natural and herbal. The ingredients of SlenderPet have a high safety profile and are generally very well tolerated without any side effects or interactions with other drugs.
12. How long does a bottle last?
Depending on the size of your pet, one bottle of SlenderPet will last 15 - 60 days.
13. Is it safe during pregnancy or nursing?
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.