What is PetCalm?
PetCalm is a safe, non-addictive, natural remedy containing 100% homeopathic ingredients especially selected to temporarily relieve symptoms of nervousness, helping to calm your pet and promote a balanced mood.
PetCalm is presented in two convenient forms, dissolvable granules or spray, and either form may be taken depending on your pet's preference. Both forms are safe and easy to administer without fussing or fighting. The pleasant tasting granules are simply sprinkled in a favorite treat or on your pet's tongue and rapidly absorbed in the mouth, while the spray can be administered directly into your pet’s mouth or sprayed on their food or water.
PetCalm is a natural remedy with no risk of side effects or addiction and can be safely used by animals of all ages and sizes.
PetCalm is also an excellent companion to Problem Pet Solution™, as it supports emotional balance and overall temperament naturally!
All PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts are manufactured in an FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
Harmony and balance
Although certain animals do have a more nervous temperament than others, traumatic events or exposure to particular stressors can upset even a normally calm animal.
Fireworks, a trip to the vet, thunderstorms, small children, an abusive situation, change of owner, hair dryers, change of house, the addition of another pet – these are just a few of the everyday situations that can cause stress in your pet.
In order to help your pet cope with the common stressors of everyday life, it is therefore important to promote nervous system health.
The natural way
The best approach to nervous system health is a holistic one. This means a healthy diet, regular exercise and a secure home environment — as well as extra support in times of stressful events like Halloween.
What else can you do to help your pet during times of stress? Here are some tips from our Clinical Psychologist and Veterinary Nurse:
- Although it's a natural urge to comfort your pet during times of distress, by giving your pet attention during a frightening episode such as a thunderstorm, you may actually encourage the behavior. Ensure that your pet feels secure, turn up the radio or put on the TV to mask loud noises and provide a warm, cozily lit area for your pet to sleep in, and then do your utmost to ignore any unwanted behavior. Not an easy thing to do, but persevere.
- Be consistent with your reaction to your pet. The whole family needs to follow the same routine when dealing with your pet's stressors otherwise your pet will become confused and even more insecure.
- Consider consulting an animal behaviorist if your pet's behavior is affecting quality of life. The sooner a problem is addressed, the easier it will be to modify the behavior.
- Start socializing your new pet at an early age, allowing pets to become accustomed to trips in the car, strange noises, yelling children, noisy trash collection trucks etc.
- Regular daily exercise is essential to help keep your pet healthy and fit, as well as in peak mental health. Bored, frustrated animals can hardly be expected to behave well.
- A confident pet is a happy pet and will be an asset to any owner. This means lots of love along with consistent rules and discipline.
What are the ingredients?
PetCalm is 100% homeopathic, contains these ingredients, and has the following indications (purposes): Arg nit 30C HPUS, Kali phos 6C HPUS, Passiflora 3X HPUS, Scutellaria 3X HPUS, Sucrose.
- Scutellaria 3X HPUS: Nervous, sedative, where nervous fear predominates.
- Passiflora 3X HPUS: Quieting effect on the nervous system.
- Kali phos 6C HPUS: One of the great nerve remedies; nervous exhaustion.
- Arg nit 30C HPUS: Neurotic effects are very marked; fearful and nervous, trembling, and anticipatory nervousness.
- Sucrose (inactive ingredient)
This homeopathic remedy is an OTC medicine. To uphold Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory compliance, this product’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) National Drug Code can be found underneath the product image on this page, listed after FDA NDC.
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients that are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts never contain any animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use PetCalm?
Dissolvable Granule Form
Administer hourly as needed. Thereafter administer 2-3 times daily for ongoing support if necessary.
Cats: 1 pinch
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1 pinch
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 2 pinches
Dogs over 50 lbs: ¼ cap
PetCalm is also safe for small pets.
Ferrets and rabbits: 1 small pinch
Hamsters, gerbils and mice: Approx. 15 granules
Initially, depress pump until primed. Hold close to pet's mouth and spray directly, or spray onto its food or water.
Administer hourly as needed. Thereafter, administer 3 times daily for ongoing support if necessary.
Cats: 2 sprays
Dogs under 20 lbs: 2 sprays
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 3 sprays
Dogs over 50 lbs: 4 sprays
PetCalm is also safe for small pets.
Ferrets and rabbits: 1 spray
Hamsters, gerbils and mice: 1 spray
Note: PetCalm is a homeopathic remedy and is safe for animals of all ages. There are no known drug interactions.
For added behavioral support, it is recommended that PetCalm be administered in conjunction with Problem Pet Solution.
Caution: If pet is pregnant or nursing, ask a health professional before use. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep this and all medicines from the reach of children.
Get optimum results with regular use
Natural remedies strive to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning
Pets respond to natural remedies in different ways. To ensure your pet maintains optimum health it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using them regularly as part of a maintenance program that supports continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
How long does one bottle last?
One bottle of PetCalm granules will last for 15-30 days, depending on frequency of use as well as the size of your pet. Each bottle contains 50-100 doses, depending on the size of your pet.
One bottle of PetCalm spray will last for 30-40 days, depending on frequency of use as well as the size of your pet.
- Without a fuss or bother
5 / 5
- MY PEKE TURNED INTO A WHITE ANGEL
5 / 5
- Terrific product
5 / 5
- Great product!
4 / 5
- This product is a joke
1 / 5
- Relaxed me AND my dog!
5 / 5
- Helps when guests are over
5 / 5
- Worked quickly and effectively!
5 / 5
- Works Great for my Boxer Baby!
5 / 5
- PetCalm Review
2 / 5
Product Uses are based on Homeopathic Materia Medica. These 'Uses' have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product has not been clinically tested by Silver Star Brands, Inc.