- Gentle, safe and effective cleansing action
- Encourages healthy, clear skin and coats
- Contains catnip to encourage bathing pleasure
- Contains no parabens, sodium laurel sulphate or harmful petrochemicals
Our cat absolutely hated water and we used to struggle to get her washed. The catnip in Clean-Cat Shampoo really made a difference. She was like a different cat – and loved getting clean- Timothy
What is Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile?
Clean-Cat Shampoo is a cleansing herbal shampoo for cats. It is created using only tested, natural ingredients, including chamomile so it is a calming and non-irritating formulation.
Clean-Cat Shampoo may be used as needed to cleanse cats as it is non- drying and supports healthy skin. Clean-Cat Shampoo contains absolutely no parabens, sodium laurel sulphate or harmful petrochemicals.
Clean from whiskers to tail
Cats are fairly clean animals and will groom themselves quite extensively each day. However, occasionally it is necessary to bathe them. Dirt and dust can get trapped in the fur, and knotted or matted hair can keep debris lodged in a cat’s coat causing smells. A cat’s tongue is rough and has small barbs on it to help clean its coat.
However, bathing is needed to keep the hair a manageable texture and sometimes for odor control. Remember, hygiene and health go hand in hand. Your vet can provide you with tips and information on how washing your cat can prevent fur from becoming tangled, smelly and prone to dandruff.
The natural way
There is a lot that can be done to keep your cat clean naturally. Regular baths and brushing are best. Don’t brush too hard, and use a fairly gentle hand brush. You can clean your pet’s face and eyes with a soft wet washcloth as you would your own. Remember never to use human soap or cosmetics on your cat.
What are the Ingredients?
Clean-Cat Shampoo is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Catnip, Chamomile, Cleavers, Extract of Nettle.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) has been a popular soothing and calming botanical remedy throughout the world for thousands of years. It has been investigated for its ability to promote and support skin health (Maiche, A. G., Grohn, P., and Maki-Hokkonen, H. "Effect of chamomile cream and almond ointment on acute radiation skin reaction." Acta Oncol 1991;30(3):395-396.)
- Extract of Nettle (stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) and/or dwarf nettle (Urtica urens)) has more than 100 chemical components in the hairs, roots, leaves and rhizomes of nettle. It has been studied for its soothing effects on the skin (Hill, N., Stam, C., and van Haselen, R. A. "The efficacy of Prrrikweg gel in the treatment of insect bites: a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial." Pharm World Sci 1996;18(1):35-41).
- Cleavers (Gallium aparine) is a climbing plant native to North America, Europe, and Asia. It has been studied for its ability to support cleansing. (MacDonald, R. "Cleansing with Common Weeds. 2003;Alive: Canadian Journal of Health & Nutrition" (245):50-52).
- Catnip (Nepeta cataria) has been noted as having "a considerable folkloric reputation". It has also been studied for its ability to discourage pests (Chauhan, K. R., Klun, J. A., Debboun, M., and Kramer, M. "Feeding deterrent effects of catnip oil components compared with two synthetic amides against Aedes aegypti". J Med Entomol. 2005;42(4):643-646.)
Shampoo base ingredients: Aqua, coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil, potassium hydroxide, ethanol, glycerine, grapefruit extract, and lactic acid.
This product contains absolutely no parabens, sodium laurel sulphate or harmful petrochemicals.
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive topical products never contain any parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. They do not contain animal products, artificial colors or preservatives, and are never tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile?
Wet fur thoroughly with warm water. Apply shampoo and lather thoroughly until entire coat is covered, adding water if necessary and avoiding the eye area. Rinse off well with warm water and towel dry.
For external use only. Keep out of reach of children.
How long until I see results?
Regular use is key for best results. Animals respond to natural medicine in different ways. Some of our satisfied customers experience immediate results with their cats, while many others have reported optimal benefits taking effect within 1-2 applications. To ensure your animal receives optimum results, it is important to give your pet natural remedies as directed and remain consistent.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile (100 ml) will last for approximately 30 days, depending on frequency of use and the size of your pet.
How has Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile helped others?
“I run a cat parlor in New York – we have many high society clients who are very fussy about the chemicals used to clean their cats. I was so thrilled to add Clean-Cat Shampoo to my line up of treatments – and my clients are so happy too. It has been wonderful to see the genuine and positive reactions of the cat owners – and the cats themselves!”
—Delia, NY, USA
“My Persian is a two time champion at our local cat show. This shampoo works so well and I am never without it in the month leading up to a show. It really makes his hair smell wonderful, and adds a shine that says it all. Thanks PetAlive and Native Remedies… ”
“I love giving my tabby a bath, she loves the catnip in Clean-Cat Shampoo – what a great idea.”