I can recommend your DetoxPlus caps for anyone’s pet. I have tried it for both my dogs and it has been great…Thanks to all of you.- Rhoda
What is DetoxPlus?
DetoxPlus is a 100% herbal remedy specially formulated to support the body in its natural detox and purification processes, thereby assisting in toxin elimination.
Used regularly or as needed as part of a healthy weight management and detox program, DetoxPlus will support healthy liver functioning, metabolism, thyroid health and the body's ability to eliminate toxins, helping to keep your pet in peak health and toxin-free.
Systemic health through effective detox action
Daily exposure to a wide variety of toxins can seriously affect your pet's health. A highly-processed diet filled with colorants and preservatives, chlorinated water, commercial flea collars, second-hand cigarette smoke, insecticides and pollution are all just the tip of iceberg when it comes to the toxins affecting our pets.
Exposure to toxins can weaken a pet's immune system and damage the body's natural ability to fight off disease. Domestic animals are provided with food which they do not have to hunt for, and that is not always suited for their bodies.
In addition, they are often exposed to a lifestyle which contributes to a sluggish metabolism and are unable to remove toxins or eliminate unwanted fat from their bodies.
The first step in helping your pet eliminate toxins from the body is to examine lifestyle factors like diet and exercise. Most of us are so used to feeding our pets commercially-produced food that the thought of doing anything else seems very strange.
Little do we know that raw food contains many essential nutrients and minerals that may be destroyed by cooking and processing. Commercially-produced food may contain many chemical substances that not only have little nutritional benefit, but can actually seriously affect your pet's health - especially in the long-term.
Toxins can build up in the tissues, and it is thought that this cumulative effect can lead to all kinds of health and behavioral problems.
The natural way
Natural remedies can be very effective in helping to support your pet's system in its natural process of elimination and purification, thereby providing a healthy solution to waste and toxin removal and supporting optimum general bodily functioning.
Maintaining healthy thyroid and liver functioning, assisting digestive processes, supporting natural metabolism and the body's ability to process dietary fat by means of bile production will all help your pet to look and feel more healthy.
Herbal and homeopathic medicine can also help to maintain all-round systemic functioning and maintain health and vigor in pets.
What are the Ingredients?
DetoxPlus is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Alfalfa, Bladderwrack, Burdock, Red Aloe, Dandelion.
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosis) is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. As a source of iodine, it helps to maintain the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. Regular use will act as a tonic for skin and coat condition. (Clark CD, Bassett B, Burge MR. "Effects of kelp supplementation on thyroid function in euthyroid subjects." Endocr Pract 2003; 9(5):363-369.) Please note: When using kelp as a therapeutic supplement, always make sure that the kelp used is sourced by a reputable and trusted company. Kelp harvested from the beach or near to the coast may be contaminated with industrial waste, sewerage, lead, mercury or other toxins. Kelp used in Native Remedies Thyroid Assist has been harvested only from uncontaminated areas and screened for the presence of toxins and contamination.
- Cape Aloe (Aloe ferox) has been used as a therapeutic plant for thousands of years and has been depicted in paintings and hieroglyphics on the walls of Ancient Egyptian temples. An effective digestive tonic, regular use of Aloe ferox helps to maintain healthy bile flow, thus ensuring the breakdown of dietary fat. Aloe ferox also helps to support regular bowel movements and is also valuable for a wide range of other uses related to systemic health. (Odes HS, Madar Z. "A double-blind trial of a celandin, aloe vera and psyllium laxative preparation in adult patients with constipation". Digestion. 1991;49(2):65-71). Aloe ferox also has documented use from more than three thousand years ago, when it was used by Indian healers to assist with weight management. Modern science has established that this succulent is rich in nutrients and modern research has shown that Aloe contains 18 amino acids as well as Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and E.
- Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) is rich in nutrients including calcium, magnesium, potassium and beta carotene. It is regarded as an effective systemic cleanser and also helps to support fluid balance in the body. Like Aloe ferox, Alfalfa also helps to maintain regular bowel movements.
- Burdock (Arctium lappa) is widely known as a systemic cleanser and blood purifier. Burdock is also an effective digestive tonic and helps to maintain blood sugar within normal levels. It is invaluable as a cleansing and purifying agent. Burdock is also highly regarded as a skin and joint tonic and also helps to support healthy immune systems. It has been studied for its ability to promote and support health in cells and to support routine detoxification carried out by the body. (Lin, C. C., Lu, J. M., Yang, J. J., Chuang, S. C., and Ujiie, T. "Anti-inflammatory and radical scavenge effects of Arctium lappa". Am J Chin Med 1996;24(2):127-137.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) is known to contain bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver and digestive system. Dandelion is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It supports healthy liver and gall bladder functioning as well as fluid balance. Dandelion supports the routine excretion of retained water and is also considered to be an excellent cleansing tonic for the liver. Studies have investigated this herb for its ability to support urine production and excretion. (Rácz-Kotilla E, Rácz G, Solomon A. "The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals." Planta Med. 1974 Nov; 26(3):212-7.)
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients in a Full Spectrum manufacturing process that doesn’t use any chemical solvents. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent, easily ingested remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive herbal products never contain any animal products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use DetoxPlus?
DetoxPlus comes in convenient capsule form and may be swallowed whole by larger dogs. However, most owners find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a small treat.
This prevents stress to both pet and owner! Cats especially hate to have medicine forced down their throats and will happily eat the dried herb when it is mixed with a little fish or meat.
A three week course is recommended and can be repeated as necessary.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established.
How long until I see results?
Results will vary depending on factors like diet, exercise and the health of your pet. However, within 5 – 10 days, you should begin to notice supported vitality, energy levels, and healthy skin and coat.
Like all good tonics, the effects of DetoxPlus will continue to increase over time. The condition of your pet should gradually improve and you should notice a glossier coat, more energy, and a happier-looking pet as time goes by.
Regular exercise and a healthy diet (see below) will further enhance your pet's health, as well as the effectiveness of DetoxPlus.
What else can help?
- Many of us associate food with love. But a regular one-day fast may be very effective in keeping your pet healthy by ridding their body of harmful toxins. Fasting also stimulates healing. Animals in the wild, as well as many domestic animals, will naturally fast if they are feeling ill. Fasting gives the digestive organs a rest and allows the body's energy to focus on renewal, repair, and fighting disease.
- Remove your pet's food after a while if they have not eaten it all. Periods of fasting throughout the day are very important for effective digestion and detoxification.
- Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food (preferably organic).
- Use Immunity and Liver Support™ to support your pet's immune functioning.
- Filtered or bottled water is preferable to chlorinated or fluorinated water.
- Avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals as much as possible, including pesticides, herbicides, commercial flea collars, flea powder, insecticides and second-hand cigarette smoke.
- Talk to a holistic vet before immunizing your pet. Over-vaccination may stress the immune system unnecessarily.
- Food and water bowls should be made of glass, stainless steel, or porcelain.
- Don't ever feed your pet chocolate, as even a small amount can be toxic.
- Cook food in stainless-steel, not aluminum or copper pans.
- Regular exercise will help to keep your pet healthy and fit.
How long will a bottle last?
Depending on the size of your pet, one bottle of DetoxPlus should last from 15 - 60 days.
How has DetoxPlus helped others?
“Your DetoxPlus capsules have been marvelous for my Golden Retriever who has been… preferring to eat our food than hers! As my husband does not always follow a healthy diet, you can understand that she was eating many things that both dogs and people should not!!!! Your Detox Drops for people have helped me, and so I thought I would try them from your PetAlive Web site. I have been very happy with the results. Now... my husband????”
“I can't believe it!!!! I started my 2-yr. old German Shepherd on Parasite Dr. with Detox [Plus] (for 1st month) in May when we got her… Instead of the conventional [way] we decided to give this a try… I believed it would work eventually but in 4 months?! I HIGHLY recommend Parasite Dr.”
—Lela P., FL, USA
“Thanks for your advice about the DetoxPlus capsules. They have helped my beautiful Persian and she has much more energy again. Like I said, I promise to give her no more chocolate! Oh dear!”
“I can recommend your DetoxPlus caps for anyone’s pet. I have tried it for both my dogs and it has been great! ...Thanks to all of you who help me when I phone or e-mail! You are such a blessing to me and my family (including the furry ones!!!!)”