- Supports the equine immune system
- Promotes vigor and vitality
- Formulated especially for horses
- Simple and easy to add to feed (loose herbal blend)
EQuine Immunity Booster is a permanent favorite in my stables and especially useful in the weeks proceeding dressage. I have been using it on my horses - with great results!- Henry K.
What is EQuine Immunity Booster?
EQuine Immunity Booster blend contains a combination of specially selected herbs known for their ability to support immune functioning and promote vitality.
There is a great deal of evidence to suggest that the use of carefully chosen herbal ingredients can play a big role in improving immune functioning. Along with the correct lifestyle choices, our herbal remedies can make all the difference to your horse’s health.
EQuine Immunity Booster is a loose herbal blend and can be added to horse feed daily – quick and easy with no fuss.
Why is the immune system so important?
The three key influencing factors on a horse’s immune system are psychological calm, nutrition, and age. Certain activities (such as strength in a performance or a race) and outside influences can contribute to added pressure on the immune system.
Horse breeders, trainers and racers often times find themselves confronting challenges when it comes to the health of their horses. Traveling to shows can place a horse under strain. Likewise, contact with other horses can also lead to risks for the immune system. Most riders will tell you that they have an intrinsic ability to know how well their horses are performing. Responsible horse owners know that a strong immune system is the best ally for improving performance, and the best line of defense! Equine immune support can be a frustrating process as horses have specialized needs.
The natural way
Nutrition is by far the most important when it comes to the task of supporting the equine immune system. Horses need different levels of feed and nutrition in their diet depending on age, current weight, activity level and overall health. An active horse’s diet should be a delicate balance of the right proteins, grains, hay, minerals, vitamins, supplements, water intake and the proper digestions of these substances. Food and dry feed should be high in quality and portion control should be adhered to.
What are the Ingredients?
EQuine Immunity Booster is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Hawthorn, Echinacea, Extract of Nettle, Yarrow.
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) has a long history of traditional uses. Sesquiterpene lactones, polyacetylenes, simple coumarins, flavonoids have been identified among the many components of yarrow. In modern times this herb has been studied for its ability to support oral health. (Van der Weijden, G. A., Timmer, C. J., Timmerman, M. F., Reijerse, E., Mantel, M. S., and van, der, V. "The effect of herbal extracts in an experimental mouthrinse on established plaque and gingivitis". J Clin Periodontol. 1998;25(5):399-403)
- Extract of Nettle (stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) and/or dwarf nettle (Urtica urens)) contains more than 100 natural chemical components that have been identified in the hairs, roots, leaves and rhizomes. This herb supports the immune system and has also been shown to support joint health. (Randall, C., Meethan, K., Randall, H., and Dobbs, F. "Nettle sting of Urtica dioica for joint pain--an exploratory study of this complementary therapy". Complement Ther Med 1999; 7(3):126-131)
- Narrow-leaved purple coneflower (Echinacea angustifolia) has over 500 studies behind it which have investigated the supportive effects of this herb for health. This herb has been shown to have particular supportive benefit for the immune system. (Goel, V., Lovlin, R., Chang, C., Slama, J. V., Barton, R., Gahler, R., Bauer, R., Goonewardene, L., and Basu, T. K. "A proprietary extract from the echinacea plant (Echinacea purpurea) enhances systemic immune response during a common cold". Phytother.Res 2005;19(8):689-694)
- Hawthorn (Crataegus laevigata) is an herb which has been used dating back to the 1st century! It has been investigated scientifically for its potential benefits on the cardiovascular system. (Schmidt U, Kuhn U, Ploch M, et al. "Efficacy of hawthorn (crataegus) preparation LI 132 in 78 patients with chronic congestive heart failure defined as NYHA functional class II". Phytomedicine 1994;1:17-24)
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients in a Full Spectrum manufacturing process that doesn’t use any chemical solvents. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent, easily ingested remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive herbal products never contain any animal products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use EQuine Immunity Booster?
Directions: Mix 2 tablespoons in molasses, bran or concentrate and add to feed 3 times daily.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established.
Get optimum results with regular use
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning (rather than just suppressing symptoms).
Animals respond to natural medicine in different ways, some of our satisfied customers experience immediate results with their horses while many others have reported optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your animal receives optimum results it is important to take natural remedies as directed and remain consistent.
How long until I see results?
Response times vary from horse to horse, depending on many factors. As with all good herbal blends, continued support of health and vitality should be seen with regular use.
How long will a tub last?
One tub of EQuine Immunity Booster (250g) will last for 15 - 60 days, depending on frequency of use.
How has EQuine Immunity Booster helped others?
“I am employed at stables during the holidays. We regularly give all the horses EQuine Immunity Booster. They are florishing!”
“Hello Native Remedies. I am writing to you to tell you about my Bay, Cinnamon. She was not in a good state when she arrived to us. She did not enjoy the transportation and she was run down from the ordeal. I was worried about her immune system taking a knock, so I mixed EQuine Immunity Booster with her food. She is full of energy and looks much better. Thank you for all your help!”
—Liz, TX, USA
“Your site is great – I am mad about horses and have bought many of these products. I feel EQuine Immunity Booster works wonders – my horse loves it!”