- Helps maintain good shine and conditioning in coats, tails and manes
- Supports a healthy skin and coat
- Simple and easy to add to feed (loose herbal blend)
I couldn’t believe the difference after using EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement on my horse, Lazy Dreamer. She was in an awful state after a harsh winter. Thanks so much for a wonderful remedy, and I find it so easy to give it to her too!- Amy, UK
What is EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement ?
EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement blend contains a combination of specially selected herbs known for their ability to support the health of the equine coat and mane from the inside out.
There is a great deal of evidence to suggest that the use of carefully chosen herbal ingredients can help to promote healthy skin and coat. Along with the correct lifestyle choices, our herbal remedies can make all the difference to your horse’s health and prevent a thinning mane.
Used as a general supplement, EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement is a loose herbal blend and can be added to horse feed daily – quick and easy with no fuss, whether your horse is competing in a show or not!
Soft, silky, shiny coats and manes
A horse with a shiny coat and mane is generally considered well fed, well kept and healthy. Horses and ponies grow two coats per year - a summer coat (short and sleek) allowing the horse to remain cool in hot weather, and a winter coat (longer and thicker) to trap air near the skin and insulate against cold.
All breeds of horse and pony produce natural oils to help lubricate the skin and condition the coat. Stabled horses remove excess oils and dead skin cells when brushed and groomed. Outside, horses instictively know how to stimulate rejunvination in their skins by rubbing against posts, hedges and trees, and by rolling on the ground. Rolling coats, skin and hair in dust or mud, also helps to rid their skin of bugs, which cause great irritation.
The natural way
There is a lot that can be done naturally to help your horse shed and maintain a healthy coat. Fiberglass blocks can work well to help your horse shed (always purchase one made for horses). When grooming, a massage brush used in a circular motion can work well to bring dirt and loose hair to the surface. Next, use a metal shedding blade, then a charcoal block. Finish off by alternating a stiff horse brush, a soft horse brush, and finally a softer horse hair brush.
What are the Ingredients?
EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Borage, Dandelion, Horsetail, Bladderwrack, Rosemary, Spirulina.
- Borage (Borago officinalis) is a well-known herb with borage seeds often pressed to produce oil very high in gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). This herb has been studied for its supportive effects on the skin. (Bahmer, F. A. and Schafer, J. "Treatment of atopic dermatitis with borage seed oil (Glandol)--a time series analytic study". Kinderarztl.Prax. 1992; 60(7):199-202).
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) is often used in natural cosmetics and shampoos. Topical use of horsetail has also been approved as an aid to wound healing by the German Commission E expert panel.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) leaves are a great source of vitamin A, containing up to 1,400 IU per 100g. It has also been researched for its ability to support the immune system. (Takasaki, M., Konoshima, T., Tokuda, H., Masuda, K., Arai, Y., Shiojima, K., and Ageta, H. "Anti-carcinogenic activity of Taraxacum plant. I. Biol Pharm Bull". 1999;22(6):602-605).
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) contains active constituents caffeic and rosmarinic acid, which have been researched for their antioxidant activity (al Sereiti, M. R., Abu-Amer, K. M., and Sen, P. "Pharmacology of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis Linn.) and its therapeutic potentials". Indian J Exp Biol 1999;37(2):124-130.) This herb has also been researched for its particular supportive effects on hair growth. (Hay, I. C., Jamieson, M., and Ormerod, A. D. Randomized trial of aromatherapy. "Successful treatment for alopecia areata". Arch Dermatol. 1998;134(11):1349-1352).
- Kelp (Fucus vesiculosus) has been researched for its ability to support healthy skin flora (Criado MT, Ferreiros CM. "Selective interaction of a Fucus vesiculosus lectin-like mucopolysaccharide with several Candida species". Ann Microbiol (Paris) 1983;134A(2):149-154).
- Spirulina (Arthrospira platenis) is a rich source of nutrients, containing up to 70% protein, B-complex vitamins, phycocyanin, chlorophyll, beta-carotene, vitamin E, and numerous minerals. Spirulina contains more beta-carotene than carrots! It has been studied for its nutritional value. (Simpore, J., Kabore, F., Zongo, F., Dansou, D., Bere, A., Pignatelli, S., Biondi, D. M., Ruberto, G., and Musumeci, S. "Nutrition rehabilitation of undernourished children utilizing Spiruline and Misola". Nutr J 2006;5:3).
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients in a Full Spectrum manufacturing process that doesn’t use any chemical solvents. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent, easily ingested remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive herbal products never contain any animal products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement?
Directions: Mix 2 tablespoons in molasses, bran or concentrate and add to feed three times daily.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established.
Get optimum results with regular use
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning (rather than just suppressing symptoms).
Animals respond to natural medicine in different ways, some of our satisfied customers experience immediate results with their horses while many others have reported optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your animal receives optimum results it is important to take natural remedies as directed and remain consistent.
How long until I see results?
Response times vary from horse to horse, depending on many factors. As with all good herbal blends, continued support of the skin and coat should be seen with regular use.
How long will a tub last?
One tub of EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement (250g) will last for 15 - 60 days depending on frequency of use.
How has EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement helped others?
“I wanted to congratulate you – I am a judge for local horse shows in our county. One of the regular contestants had a horse that showed great improvement in appearance within weeks. I had to ask him his secret. He said he used EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement on his horses. I was amazed!”
“EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement has made all the difference. My gelding had ‘problem areas’ on the coat and mane. Nothing seemed to help. I consulted with my vet and we discussed the type of feed I was using. Then I found this site, and added it to the feed as it says on the directions. Wow, it really worked!”
“This is so easy to add each day, I am so glad my sister in law told me about this site. She knows how much I preen my horse! EQuine Shiny Coat Supplement has done 90 percent of the work! Thank you!”
—Katherine S., USA