My beautiful collie has not been so comfortable in years. He just seems to be so much happier and healthier and we are so pleased that we followed your advice regarding Digestive Support...- Alison, NJ, USA
What is Digestive Support?
Digestive Support is a 100% herbal remedy specially formulated to support digestive health and functioning in pets. It is an excellent digestive system tonic, and contains three carefully chosen herbs in therapeutic dosage to support the healthy functioning of the stomach lining, esophagus, and entire digestive tract.
Digestive Support is also a great companion to Natural Moves for Pets™, which further promotes a healthy digestive system by maintaining regular bowel movements in dogs and cats.
Presented in easy-to-administer capsules, Digestive Support can be given whole, or the capsules may be opened and the contents mixed with a favorite treat.
All PetAlive products are manufactured in a FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists.
Digestive health in pets
Domestic animals, like humans, are subject to the damaging effects of modern day living. All of these factors can affect digestive functioning and lead to a range of digestive problems.
As pet owners, we try to do the best for our animals and to feed them healthy, nutritious food that will not harm them. However, there is some misinformation surrounding what is best for our pets.
The result is that pets in today's world may not enjoy the same support for healthy digestion as they may have had in the past.
The natural way
There is a lot you can do to support your pet’s digestive system naturally. Try to feed your pet organic foods where possible and avoid giving your animal fatty foods or foods with excessive sugar. Never give an animal chocolate or junk foods – not only are these foods unhealthy, but they may upset your pet’s digestive harmony. Pets do best when fed a low carbohydrate, wet food diet that is high in protein and moderate in fat. This is especially true for cats, who are obligate omnivores and require almost no carbohydrates at all.
In the wild, animals instinctively eat herbs that can assist their digestive systems to function optimally. Unfortunately, domestic animals do not have access to the variety of herbs available to their wild counterparts, and miss out on the benefits of herbs growing in the wild.
Therefore, a combination of natural remedies, healthy diet, and regular exercise can help your pet maintain digestive health and functioning.
What are the ingredients?
Digestive Support is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Licorice, Marshmallow, Slippery elm.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is an excellent tonic for the intestines, bladder, kidney and entire digestive tract and helps support health in the digestive tract lining. This herb promotes gastrointestinal health and is well known for its immune-supporting properties. Licorice also exerts a gentle relaxing action on the bowels, helping to support healthy digestion and waste removal.
- Slippery elm (Ulmus fulva) is known for its bark, which is supports digestion and is rich in trace minerals such as manganese, iodine, protein and soothing mucilage. It is a very highly respected herb in naturopathic circles and is regularly used by holistic veterinarians to promote the health of the digestive tract (DeHaan RL. Home remedies for pets. J Am Holistic Veterinary Med Assoc 1994; 12:26).
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) is a well-known remedy for digestive health and contains large sugar molecules, called mucilage, which exert a soothing demulcent effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract. This makes Marshmallow an ideal natural remedy to support a healthy lining in the digestive tract.
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered and cGMP compliant facilities. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive topical products never contain any parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. They do not contain animal products, artificial colors or preservatives, and are never tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use Digestive Support?
Digestive Support comes in convenient capsule form. Capsules may be swallowed whole by larger dogs. However, most owners find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a treat and prevent stress to both pet and owner!
Cats especially hate to have capsules forced down their throats and will happily eat the dried herb when it is mixed with a treat, a little fish or rolled into a butter ball.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
Caution: Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep this and all medicines from the reach of children.
Digestive Support can be used concurrently with Natural Moves for Pets™, which helps maintain regular bowel movements in dogs and cats.
How long until I see results?
Pets can differ widely in their response times to herbal remedies depending on individual makeup, lifestyle and diet. Some may experience a general feeling of wellness within days, while for others it may take longer before an effect is felt.
Often, as in the case of all good tonics, a gradual improvement is felt over time. Best results are achieved when Digestive Support is administered consistently along with a healthy lifestyle.
Get optimum support with regular use
Natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning.
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. To ensure your pet maintains optimum health it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using it regularly as part of a maintenance program that supports continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
What else can help?
According to many experts and followers of holistic health, the best diet for dogs and cats is a raw diet. Cooked food, pasteurized milk and other processed foods are thought to be damaging to the health of animals.
Everything in the anatomy of dogs and cats points to a raw meat-based diet as being what they were designed for. They have sharp teeth, short intestines, and highly-concentrated digestive secretions to digest raw meat.
- Do not change diet suddenly, but slowly introduce fresh, raw and unprocessed food into your pet's daily diet, while reducing commercial foods and foods with little nutritious value.
- Keep diet varied and interesting, but watch out for foods that your pet may be allergic to.
- Regular exercise helps to build up a healthy appetite and gets all organs in the body functioning well. It also helps to relieve stress and contributes to a healthy, happy pet!
- Animals need time outdoors where they can naturally seek out herbs that will help them maintain the health of their digestive system. All carnivorous animals, including dogs and cats, will naturally induce vomiting from time to time as a cleansing process to get rid of excess bile, mucus and other impurities. They do this by eating plants which will induce purging. This is healthy and animals should not be reprimanded for it!
- Add green sprouts to your pet's food every day. This is an easy way to improve digestion and supply much-needed vitamins, amino acids, and trace elements.
- Consult a holistic veterinarian for advice about the health problems associated with routine vaccination and regular antibiotic use.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of Digestive Support contains 60 capsules and depending on the size of your pet will last 15-60 days.
- Happier, healthier Cavalier
5 / 5
- This product saved my dog !
5 / 5
- Miracle product saved my cat from chronic diarrhea
5 / 5
- OUTSTANDING RESULTS !
5 / 5
- Finally eating normally
5 / 5
- My cat doesn't like it
1 / 5
- Not Effective
1 / 5
- Cat tummies calm with no stool odor. Thanks.
4 / 5
- Fast acting, noticeable difference
5 / 5
- This product was the answer to my prayers
5 / 5
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child’s condition.