- Supports normal blood sugar levels in healthy pets
- Promotes overall pancreatic and liver health
- Supports the function of the pancreas in producing adequate insulin
- Maintains healthy distribution of insulin in the bloodstream
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Supports healthy circulation and cardiovascular health
- Promotes healthy digestive functioning
- Maintains healthy energy levels and vitality
We have been very pleased with the results... With the GlucoEnsure capsules we have seen a huge improvement.- Sue
What is GlucoEnsure?
GlucoEnsure contains a specially selected combination of herbs known for their ability to maintain pancreatic health and support the pancreas in its function of the normal production of insulin.
Research has demonstrated that the ingredients in GlucoEnsure help to keep blood sugar levels within the normal range.
In addition, GlucoEnsure is an excellent all-around tonic supplement and will also help to maintain healthy circulation, digestion and cardiovascular health, while supporting immune functioning and feelings of health and vitality.
GlucoEnsure is very effective used alone, or as part of a total veterinarian program. It is also an excellent companion remedy to herbal Pancreas Booster™, which supports the pancreas in its creation of important enzymes needed during the digestive process. Used together, GlucoEnsure and Pancreas Booster can help maintain normal insulin levels and promote pancreatic and digestive health, boosting your pet's energy levels and helping them maintain optimum health.
What is the pancreas and what does it do?
The pancreas is a large organ of the digestive and endocrine systems. It is located deep within the upper abdomen, surrounded by the stomach, small intestine, liver and spleen.
This organ is shaped like a pear, broad at one end and narrow at the other end. It is divided into three sections – the broad end of the pancreas is called the head, the midsection is called the body, and the narrow end is called the tail.
The pancreas performs two important functions within the body.
The pancreas produces digestive juices and enzymes to help digest fats and proteins. When food has been partially digested by the stomach, it is pushed into the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine). Secreting its enzymes into the duodenum helps to prevent the protein-digesting enzyme known as trypsin from eating the protein-based pancreas or its duct.
Pancreatic digestive juices and enzymes are released through a small duct attached to the duodenum to mix with the food. The exocrine pancreas also produces enzymes that break down carbohydrates (amylase) and fats (lipase) as well as sodium bicarbonate, which helps to neutralize the stomach acids in food.
Another important pancreatic function is to produce the hormone insulin together with a variety of other hormones. Insulin is secreted when your blood sugar is raised and it causes the muscles and other bodily tissues to take up glucose from the blood to fuel their activity.
Insulin also promotes the absorption of glucose into the liver, where it is stored as glycogen for use in response to stress or exercise. It is therefore very important to support and encourage pancreatic health!
The natural way
Prevention is better than a cure! Modern diets with high sugar and fat contents have affected the health of people all over the world – and your furry friends are no exception. Find the best diet for your pet. A diet that is high in fiber and complex carbohydrates slows the digestive process and helps to stabilize blood sugar levels.
In obese animals, losing weight is also advised, and your vet may advise a prescription diet. However, if you find your pet dislikes pet food, you can prepare home-cooked food (do this in consultation with a veterinary nutritionist). Avoid commercially-prepared pet foods, which may contain high amounts of sugar and preservatives.
Exercise is another important part of keeping your pet’s blood sugar levels under control. However, be sure to keep the activity level the same from day to day.
There is also a great deal of evidence to suggest that the use of carefully chosen herbal remedies and dietary supplements can help to support pancreatic health and maintain a healthy supply of insulin – thus helping to naturally keep pet blood sugar levels within the normal range. Along with the correct lifestyle choices, herbal remedies and dietary supplements can make all the difference to your pet’s health.
What are the Ingredients?
GlucoEnsure is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Bilberry, Chromium picolinate, Fenugreek, Goat's rue, Astragalus, Rice powder.
- Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) helps to support healthy vision and the tiny blood capillaries which carry oxygen to the eyes when used regularly. Research has supported the benefits of Bilberry to the health of the eyes (Bone K. "Bilberry-The vision herb." MediHerb Prof Rev. 1997; 59:1-4.).
- Chromium picolinate is a mineral supplement and highly absorbable nutritional form of chromium - an essential nutrient for sugar and fat metabolism. The adequate daily dietary intake for chromium is 50 to 200 micrograms, but most diets contain less than 60% of this intake! The FDA agrees that chromium may be of benefit in reducing the risk of insulin resistance and possibly of type 2 diabetes. In one controlled study, subjects were administered a placebo or 100 or 500 micrograms of chromium picolinate two times per day for four months. Those subjects receiving 100 micrograms twice per day demonstrated no significant improvements, while the group receiving 500 micrograms twice per day saw highly significant improvements in the glucose/insulin system (Anderson RA. "Nutritional factors influencing the glucose/insulin system: chromium." J Am Coll Nutr. 1997; 16(5):404-10.) (Martin J, Wang Z, Zhang X, Wachtel, D, Volautova J, Matthews D, Cefalu W. "Diabetes Care." Volume 29; 8: 2006.).
- Goat’s rue (Galega officinalis) was traditionally used in medieval Europe to help support pancreatic health and maintain healthy insulin levels and this has more recently been confirmed by clinical trials (Muller H, Reinwein H. "Pharmacology of galegin." Arch Expll Path Pharm. 1927; 125:212-28.). Studies have also suggested that this potent herb has been shown to help the body in maintaining balanced glucose in the bloodstream (Petricic J, Kalodera Z. Galegin in the Goat's rue herb: its toxicity, anti-diabetic activity and content determination. Acta Pharm Jugosl. 1982; 32(3):219-23.).
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is one of the oldest medicinal herbs with documented use in ancient Egypt and Chinese traditional medicine. Clinical trials in India suggest that regular use of Fenugreek may help to naturally maintain blood sugar levels within the normal range (Thakran, S., Siddiqui, M. R., and Baquer, N. Z. "Trigonella foenum graecum seed powder protects against histopathological abnormalities in tissues of diabetic rats." Mol Cell Biochem 2004; 266(1-2):151-159.).
- Huang qi (Astragalus membranaceus) has been shown to assist in the maintenance of healthy blood sugar levels and can help to promote natural energy and feelings of vitality due to its wonderful tonic properties (Li C, Cao L, Zeng Q. "Astragalus prevents diabetic rats from developing cardiomyopathy by down regulating angiotensin II type2 receptors' expression." J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 2004; 24(4):379-384.).
- Rice Powder (inactive ingredient)
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients in a Full Spectrum manufacturing process that doesn’t use any chemical solvents. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent, easily ingested remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive herbal products never contain any animal products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use GlucoEnsure?
GlucoEnsure must be used regularly for maximum effect. It can be given alone, or in conjunction with conventional veterinarian management. Ask your vet to monitor your pet's progress.
The capsules are easy to administer to pets and may be given whole or opened and mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
It is recommended that GlucoEnsure be administered concurrently with Pancreas Booster to help maintain normal insulin levels and promote pancreatic and digestive health.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.
How long until I see results?
Response times differ from animal to animal, depending on many factors. With regular use, you should begin to notice a general improvement within 3-6 weeks.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of GlucoEnsure contains 60 capsules and will last for 15-60 days, depending on the size of your pet.
How has GlucoEnsure helped others?
“I just wanted to let you all know that we have been very pleased with the results of your GlucoEnsure for our cat. Your support team has been wonderful in suggesting healthy diet, etc., and with the GlucoEnsure capsules, we have seen a huge improvement.”
“My cat was diagnosed … a couple years ago… About a year into it, I started him on GlucoEnsure. I was impressed with the product and continued using it. After several months of a zero-carb diet and GlucoEnsure, he… is almost 16 years old and looking very well.”
—John, MA, USA
“Your capsules are easy to administer. We used to have to fight to get our cat to take any medication at all and I don't know who was more upset - us or her! It is easy to open your capsule and mix it with a little tuna and she takes it with no trouble at all - simple but very effective! Thank you for a great remedy..!"
“Our vet is very happy with us after making diet changes and using GlucoEnsure-- our dog has received a clean bill of health! She has just turned 10 years old and is back to her former self again-- that is thanks to Pet Alive! I like that you stress the health aspects and not just taking pills. Thank you for your help. We will definitely return when we need to.”