We rescued a very sick 9 week old male pom. He was very weak and had kennel cough, with signs of pneumonia, and underfed...We decided to just give KC-Defense a try. Within just two days we saw immediate results. Now at 3 weeks, all symptoms cleared up. THANK YOU!! - Patricia, TX, USA
What is KC-Defense?
KC-Defense is a safe, non-addictive, 100% natural homeopathic OTC medicine formulated especially for pets to relieve and soothe kennel cough and other respiratory tract infections. It may be used before visits to the vet, kennels, catteries, etc. or acutely to address an active infection.
KC-Defense is also an excellent companion remedy to homeopathic Respo-K™, as it relieves the symptoms of colds and respiratory infections in pets. Used together, KC-Defense and Respo-K can provide immediate symptomatic relief of respiratory infections and kennel cough in pets, and improve long-term respiratory health by strengthening the immune system and promoting optimal lung functioning.
KC-Defense comes in convenient, dissolvable granule form. Safe and easy to administer, these pleasant tasting granules are simply sprinkled on your pet's tongue and rapidly absorbed in the mouth.
All PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts are manufactured in a FDA and GMP registered pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
What is kennel cough and what are the symptoms?
Kennel cough is a highly contagious upper respiratory infection that often affects animals that are kept in a confined space such as boarding kennels, dog shows or veterinary hospitals.
Symptoms include a persistent dry hacking cough or bouts of deep harsh coughing often followed by gagging, which may produce a foamy mucus.
What is the conventional treatment?
Mild cases may improve without treatment. Conventional treatment of kennel cough often involves antibiotics which tend to relieve the animal's symptoms fairly quickly, but also have a general weakening effect on their immune system, which can cause further problems, especially in the long-term.
Vaccinations to prevent kennel cough are also often recommended. But research indicates that frequent vaccination or over-vaccination may unnecessarily stress a pet's immune system.
The natural way
Respiratory health in pets involves taking a holistic approach in order to address kennel cough, as well as the health of the nose, throat and chest.
In fact, any place where animals tend to congregate – even when going for a walk in the park – can pose a risk. For this reason, maintaining peak health in the respiratory and immune systems is very important in the quest to keep your pet healthy.
In the wild, animals instinctively seek out plants that will help to support health in various body systems. It therefore makes sense that as owners, we can help our domestic pets by making herbal and other natural supplements available to them.
As part of a holistic approach to pet health, natural remedies can help to build and strengthen your pet's immune system, encourage the elimination of toxins and generally improve the overall health of your animal.
Natural remedies can also help to relieve specific symptoms such as upper respiratory infections and coughs without the accompanying toxin build-up caused by conventional treatments.
What are the Ingredients?
KC-Defense is a 100% homeopathic formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Bryonia (6C), Echinacea purp (3X), Ferrum phos (6C), Kali sulph (6C), Mag phos (6C), Plantago (3X), Sucrose.
- Plantago (3X) is a homeopathic remedy that is well known for treating dry coughs. It is also an effective expectorant and anti-catarrhal and helps to expel mucus build up in the lungs. Plantago is also approved by the German Commission E for internal use to soothe throats and the mucous membrane irritation associated with upper respiratory tract infections. Clinical studies have supported its effectiveness in the treatment of bronchitis (Wegener T, Kraft K. “Plantain (Plantago lanceolata L.): anti-inflammatory action in upper respiratory tract infections”. Wien Med Wochenschr 1999;149(8-10):211-216.).
- Bryonia (6C) is a proven natural remedy which is very effective for the treatment of coughs and dry mucus membranes, as well as the clearing of mucus from the chest.
- Echinacea purp (3X) is one of the top selling ingredients for the treatment of colds, flu and other viral infections. Clinical trials have proved its effectiveness in supporting the immune system (Schoneberger D. “The influence of immune-stimulating effects of pressed juice from Echinacea purpurea on the course and severity of colds”. Results of double-blind study. Forum Immunol 1992;8:2-12.) (Taylor JA, Weber W, Standish L, et al. “Efficacy and safety of echinacea in treating upper respiratory tract infections in children: a randomized controlled trial”. JAMA 12-3-2003;290(21):2824-2830). Studies have shown that Echinacea works by preventing the formation of hyaluronidase - an enzyme that is known to break the cell barriers between healthy tissue and pathogenic organisms like viruses. This immune boosting herb has also been successfully used to restore immune functioning in patients who have undergone chemotherapy and during recovery and convalescence from major illness.
- Ferrum phos (6C) is one of the most important biochemic tissue salts to use when there is any infection or inflammation in the body. It helps to distribute iron and oxygen throughout the body, strengthen cell walls and fight infection.
- Kali sulph (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt that is essential for distributing life, giving oxygen throughout the body and keeping cell membranes in peak health. It is often called the 'natural antibiotic' of the tissue salts and together with Ferrum phos can treat both the initial, secondary and third stages of infection. Kali sulph is used for a variety of chest infections, including chronic cough, asthma, bronchitis and even pneumonia.
- Mag phos (6C) is a natural painkiller and antispasmodic and is very helpful for bronchial spasms and other forms of spasmodic cough.
- Sucrose (inactive ingredient)
This homeopathic remedy is an OTC medicine registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients that are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts never contain any animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use KC-Defense?
KC-Defense comes in convenient dissolvable granule form. The tiny granules are easy to administer to pets of all sizes and personalities with no fuss or bother! Administer every hour for up to 10 doses. Thereafter, administer 3 times daily for 14-21 days.
Cats: Large pinch of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Dogs under 20 lbs: Large pinch of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 2 pinches sprinkled into the mouth.
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1/4 cap of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
KC-Defense may also be given before a stay in kennels or a cattery, or for 5-7 days before a visit to the vet, if possible. For added respiratory and immunity protection, it is recommended that KC-Defense be administered in conjunction with Respo-K™.
Note: Safe for animals of all ages, pregnant animals or animals that are nursing. KC-Defense can safely be used along with prescription medications. No adverse interactions have been noted between the ingredients in KC-Defense and prescription medications. However, as with any medicine, it is always advisable to consult your vet.
Consult your vet if symptoms persist.
Get optimum results with regular use
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning.
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. Some of our satisfied customers have reported observing immediate results in their pets while many others have reported observing optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your pet receives optimum results it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support.
How long until we see results?
Because KC-Defense is 100% homeopathic, it supports the animal body on a cellular level – getting to work upon the first dose. Response times may vary from pet to pet, but should be noticed within 24-48 hours on average. For long-term support of the respiratory system, Respo-K is recommended.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of KC-Defense will last for 15-30 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.
- Empty Review
4 / 5
- Empty Review
5 / 5
- Good Product
5 / 5
Product Uses are based on Homeopathic Materia Medica. These 'Uses' have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product has not been clinically tested by Native Remedies, LLC.