I have never ever come away from your products feeling disappointed. My latest purchase of your Skin and Coat Tonic also lived up to your great reputation...- Yael R.
What is Skin and Coat Tonic?
Skin and Coat Tonic is a 100% safe, non-addictive natural herbal remedy containing ingredients especially chosen for their supportive function on the skin and coat. Regular use of Skin and Coat Tonic will quickly help to support shine and systemic health in the skin and coat, leaving your pet looking and feeling in peak condition.
Skin and Coat Tonic is also a benefit for 'show pets' who need a 'beauty boost' before competitive events, and is a great complementary remedy to Immunity & Liver Support™.
All PetAlive products are manufactured in a FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists.
All about skin health
The skin is the largest organ of the body. It is flexible, waterproof, and covers the entire outside of the body. It performs several important roles, including acting as a barrier, regulating influence between the outside environment and the controlled environment within our pets' bodies, as well as supporting the liver, kidneys and intestines.
The natural way
Being an organ of the body, the skin should not be seen in isolation. In fact, skin health and vitality is best achieved by pursuing systemic health. Following a healthy diet and exercise routine helps to support the body as a whole and can have excellent results on skin health if adhered to regularly. Remember that anything that affects your pet's liver will definitely also affect the appearance of the skin and coat, as the liver and skin are closely linked. Natural remedies have an excellent record in the maintenance of skin and systemic health and are well worth exploring in a quest for skin support.
What are the Ingredients?
Skin and Coat Tonic is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients:
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) has been widely used in Western and Chinese herbalism for many centuries. This herb provides tissue support due to its high silica content. Silica is essential in the maintenance of healthy skin, bones, claws and fur. It is the main component in all connective body tissues, including the myelin sheaths around nerve cells and the membranes of the brain and spinal cord. It also contains health promoting compounds called sterols (D'Agostino, M., Dini, A., Pizza, C., Senatore, F. and Aquino, R. "Sterols from Equisetum arvense." Boll. Soc Ital. Biol Sper. 12-30-1984; 60(12):2241-2245.).
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) is also a source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It has also been researched for its ability to soothe the skin (Schutz, K., Carle, R. and Schieber, A. "Taraxacum--a review on its phytochemical and pharmacological profile." J Ethnopharmacol 10-11-2006; 107(3):313-323.).
- Spirulina (Arthrospira platenis) is a single celled microorganism found in the sea and is widely used as a source of chlorophyll. Widely used for its nutritive properties, Spirulina contains protein, vitamins (including B12 and folic acid) and carotenoids. This sea algae has been used for thousands of years to support energy, the immune system and liver functioning, as well as all-around systemic health.
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosis) is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium and iron. Regular use will also support skin and coat condition via thyroid support.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered and cGMP compliant facilities. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive topical products never contain any parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. They do not contain animal products, artificial colors or preservatives, and are never tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use Skin and Coat Tonic?
Skin and Coat Tonic capsules may be given whole or opened and the contents mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences. You may find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a small treat.
For a quick 'beauty boost', an occasional 2-3 week course is recommended.
Skin and Coat Tonic may also be used indefinitely on a daily basis.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
For additional support, Skin and Coat Tonic can be used concurrently with Immunity & Liver Support to promote healthy immune system and liver functioning.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep this and all medicines from the reach of children.
Get optimum benefits with regular use
Natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. To ensure your pet maintains optimum health it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using it regularly as part of a maintenance program that supports continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
How long does one bottle last?
One bottle of Skin and Coat Tonic contains 60 capsules and will last for 15-60 days, depending on the size of your pet.
How has Skin and Coat Tonic helped others?
“I just want to let you know how the products are working. I have bought EaseSure in the past and when the first bottle was finished never replaced it. I bought it now again and will never forget to buy it again in future… With the C-Caps we also had success... I will not stop giving it to [my dog]. He is already 14 years old and this helps him to cope better in old age. He is definitely more alive and will even chase the other two younger dogs around if he feels like it. The Skin and Coat Tonic was for the 2 other dogs. The one was adopted at the end of April from a dog shelter. I think the Skin and Coat Tonic, together with the better food and an oil supplement, helped for the skin. Thank you for your wonderful products, I will continue using them!”
—Letitia K., South Africa
“I can't tell you how pleased I am with this product. I will keep Romeo on this forever.”
—Linda, CA, USA
“I bought this Skin and Coat Tonic for my cat with Allergy Itch Ease to help him stop his compulsive over-grooming. Well, low and behold this cat which always had rough fur; which I thought was just normal for him, developed soft and shiny fur like a normal healthy cat! Amazing!”
—Elizabeth, WA, USA
“I just have to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU! My Spanky I can let his hair grow long and he is just beautiful with his new and healthy skin. Now Spanky and I can finally get some sleep! Thank You! (P.S. Spanky thanks you too)”
“A combination of Skin and Coat Tonic and the LiverAid has made a huge difference to the overall condition of my husky. I am trying the Flatulence Preventer next! Thank you for your help and speedy advice in my times of need! I am recommending your Web site to all of my friends!”
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child’s condition.