- Supports skin health
- Promotes shiny and glossy coats
- Maintains hair shaft and follicle
- Provides show animals with the 'competitive edge
- Supports liver, kidney and thyroid functioning
- Promotes immune system health
- For cats and dogs
I have never ever come away from your products feeling disappointed. My latest purchase of your Skin and Coat Tonic also lived up to your great reputation...- Yael R.
What is Skin & Coat Tonic?
Skin & Coat Tonic contains a combination of specially selected herbs, nutrients and biochemic tissue salts known for their supportive function on the skin and coat. Regular use of Skin & Coat Tonic will quickly help to support shine and systemic health in the skin and coat, leaving your pet looking and feeling in peak condition.
Skin & Coat Tonic is also a benefit for 'show pets' who need a 'beauty boost' before competitive events.
All about skin health
It performs several important roles, including acting as a barrier, regulating influence between the outside environment and the controlled environment within our pet’s bodies, as well as supporting the liver, kidneys, and intestines.
The natural way
Being an organ of the body, the skin should not be seen in isolation. In fact, skin health and vitality is best achieved by pursuing systemic health. Following a healthy diet and exercise routine helps to support the body as a whole and can have excellent results on skin health if adhered to regularly. Remember that anything that affects your pet's liver will definitely also affect the appearance of the skin and coat, as the liver and skin are closely linked. Natural remedies have an excellent record in the maintenance of skin and systemic health and are well worth exploring in a quest for skin support.
What are the Ingredients?
Skin and Coat Tonic is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients: Bladderwrack, Dandelion, Horsetail, Kali sulph, Lactose, Spirulina.
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) has been widely used in Western and Chinese herbalism for many centuries. This herb provides tissue support due to its high silica content. Silica is essential in the maintenance of healthy skin, bones, claws, and fur. It is the main component in all connective body tissues, including the myelin sheaths around nerve cells and the membranes of the brain and spinal cord. It also contains health promoting compounds called sterols (D'Agostino, M., Dini, A., Pizza, C., Senatore, F., and Aquino, R. &ldquoSterols from Equisetum arvense.” Boll.Soc Ital.Biol Sper. 12-30-1984; 60(12):2241-2245.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) is also a source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It has also been researched for its ability to soothe the skin. (Schutz, K., Carle, R., and Schieber, A. &ldquoTaraxacum--a review on its phytochemical and pharmacological profile.” J Ethnopharmacol 10-11-2006;107(3):313-323.)
- Spirulina (Arthrospira platenis) is a single celled micro-organism found in the sea and is widely used as a source of chlorophyll. Widely used for its nutritive properties, Spirulina contains protein, vitamins (including B12 and folic acid) and carotenoids. This sea algae has been used for thousands of years to support energy, the immune system, and liver functioning, as well as all-around systemic health.
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosis) is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. Regular use will also support skin and coat condition via thyroid support.
- Kali Sulph is a biochemic tissue salt that is essential for the body and for supporting cell membranes. Kali sulph also helps to maintain health and balance in the skin and underlying tissue.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients in a Full Spectrum manufacturing process that doesn’t use any chemical solvents. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent, easily ingested remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive herbal products never contain any animal products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use Skin and Coat Tonic?
Skin & Coat Tonic capsules may be given whole or opened and the contents mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences. You may find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a small treat.
For a quick 'beauty boost', an occasional 2-3 week course is recommended.
Skin & Coat Tonic may also be used indefinitely on a daily basis.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established. Do not use together with prescription anti-inflammatory medication.
Get optimum benefits with regular use
The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning.
Pets respond to natural remedies in different ways. Some of our satisfied customers have reported observing immediate benefits in their pets. Many others have reported observing optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. It’s important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance amount is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using a regular maintenance amount for the continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
How long until I see benefits?
Most pets respond within 2–3 weeks, with some pets taking a little longer to respond due to a variety of factors. Support of vitality and wellness should also be noted within a few weeks, although some pet owners report benefits within days.
How long does one bottle last?
One bottle of Skin & Coat Tonic contains 60 capsules and will last for 15 - 60 days, depending on the size of your pet.
How has Skin and Coat Tonic helped others?
“I just want to let you know how the products are working. I have bought EaseSure in the past and when the first bottle was finished never replaced it. I bought it now again and will never forget to buy it again in future… With the C-Caps we also had success... I will not stop giving it to [my dog]. He is already 14 years old and this helps him to cope better in old age. He is definitely more alive and will even chase the other two younger dogs around if he feels like it. The Skin and Coat Tonic was for the 2 other dogs. The one was adopted at the end of April from a dog shelter. I think the Skin and Coat Tonic, together with the better food and an oil supplement, helped for the skin. Thank you for your wonderful products, I will continue using them!”
—Letitia K., South Africa
“I can't tell you how pleased I am with this product. I tried a "skin balance" remedy offered by one of your competitors, with no results whatsoever. After having Romeo on your Skin and Coat Tonic for about 3 weeks now, the improvement is about 80% (and hopefully will continue to improve the longer he is on this formula). I also noticed that where his skin was previously hot to the touch, he is comfortable. Thanks you for a wonderful product. I will keep him on this forever.”
—Linda, CA, USA
“I bought this Skin and Coat Tonic for my cat with Allergy Itch Ease to help him stop his compulsive over-grooming. Well, low and behold this cat which always had rough fur; which I thought was just normal for him, developed soft and shiny fur like a normal healthy cat! Amazing!”
—Elizabeth, WA, USA
“I just have to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU! My Spanky I can let his hair grow long and he is just beautiful with his new and healthy skin. Now Spanky and I can finally get some sleep! Thank You! (P.S. Spanky thanks you too)”
“A combination of Skin and Coat Tonic and the LiverAid has made a huge difference to the overall condition of my husky. I am trying the Flatulence Preventer next! Thank you for your help and speedy advice in my times of need! I am recommending your Web site to all of my friends!”