I've been giving my 5-year-old pug Immunity & Liver Support… After only a few days, I noticed a new vitality and energy... it was like I had a puppy again… Her overall health improved immensely.- Camille, PA, USA
What is Immunity & Liver Support?
Immunity & Liver Support capsules contain a combination of specially selected herbs known for their ability to cleanse and purify the system and improve immune functioning and liver health.
Used as a general tonic to protect against disease, Immunity & Liver Support capsules are also very effective during convalescence. This natural remedy promotes and speeds up healing to improve recovery after an illness. Immunity & Liver Support will help to keep your pet in peak health and is very effective as a companion remedy along with a range of our other natural remedies.
Specifically, Immunity & Liver Support is an excellent companion to herbal supplement Energy Tonic™, as it supports healthy energy levels and vitality in dogs and cats that appear tired and lethargic. Used together, Immunity & Liver Support and Energy Tonic can help strengthen the immune system and improve liver functioning to detoxify the system, plus put vigor back into your pet’s step naturally!
The formula remains true to the full spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bioavailability and balance of all the active ingredients contained in the remedy. This manufacturing method also significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and ensures that all active ingredients are in perfect balance.
All PetAlive products are manufactured in FDA-registered, GMP-certified facilities under the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists.
Why is liver functioning so important for my pet?
The liver is the second largest organ in the body and is often seen as the most important organ. In traditional Chinese medicine, a healthy liver is seen as the most critical element in the body's natural ability to fight disease and function optimally.
Amongst other important functions, the liver is responsible for eliminating and detoxifying the poisons that enter the bloodstream. It also produces bile, which is essential in the breakdown of fats, and is the organ which stores Vitamin A, D, E and K. Liver functioning is also vital to the health of the immune system, which ensures that your pet stays healthy.
Environmental pollution, processed and unhealthy foods, prescription drugs, frequent vaccinations and sedentary lifestyles all contribute to sluggish and diseased livers. The result? Pets with depressed immune systems, constant fatigue, obesity, sluggish livers and digestive systems, allergies, respiratory ailments, unhealthy skin and many other health problems.
A sluggish or diseased liver can seriously compromise your pet's health and increase the chances of systemic illness
How do I know if my pet has a liver problem?
Symptoms of a problem liver can be vague especially in the early stages of liver disease. Some symptoms such as jaundice do point specifically to the liver but other symptoms could also mimic a number of other diseases. Nevertheless, symptoms to look out for include:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Poor coat condition
- Diarrhea/soft stools
- Gray stools
- Swollen abdomen
- Fluid retention
- Jaundiced (yellow) mucous membranes
- Convulsions or delirium in advanced disease.
The natural way
There is much that can be done to support a healthy immune system. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals as much as possible.
- Don’t expose your pet to second hand cigarette smoke.
- Give your pet a healthy, varied diet – making sure to include lots of raw meat, fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Acupressure massage is also helpful in improving immune system and liver functioning.
- Make sure your pet gets lots of exercise - the benefits are multiple both for you and your pet!
- Use natural remedies known to support immune system functioning.
What are the Ingredients?
Immunity & Liver Support is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Ashwagandha, Dandelion, Echinacea, Milk thistle, Rice powder.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) is known to contain bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver and digestive system. (Kuusi T, Pyylaso H, and Autio K. “The bitterness properties of dandelion. II. Chemical investigations.” Lebensm-Wiss Technol 1985; 18: 347-349.) Dandelion is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D and C, various B vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It enhances liver and gall bladder functioning and may decrease high blood pressure due to its diuretic properties. (Hook I, McGee A, Henman M, and et al. “Evaluation of dandelion for diuretic activity and variation in potassium content.” Int J Pharmacog 1993; 31(1):29-34.)
- Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea) is well known for its excellent benefits for immune functioning and for its antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. Used as a natural antibiotic, immune stimulant and anti-allergy agent, Echinacea is also effective as a tonic for the lymphatic system and has been investigated as a supportive treatment in AIDS therapy. Regular use can help to keep your pet healthy and resistant to a range of illnesses. One study investigated Echinacea specifically for its supportive immune action in dogs. (Reichling J, Fitzi J, Furst-Jucker J, et al. “Echinacea powder: treatment for canine chronic and seasonal upper respiratory tract infections.” Schweiz Arch Tierheilkd 2003;145(5):223-231.)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is one of the most important Ayurvedic tonic herbs, assisting with growth, health and vigor. Regular use can help to nourish the blood and increase hemoglobin levels. It is an effective anti-inflammatory and has excellent calming properties. This herb is often recommended as a tonic to assist with recovery after illness. Animal studies have shown its supportive function of the heart and overall health and specific supportive action on the animal liver and kidneys. (Akbarsha MA, Vijendrakumar S, Kadalmani B, et al. “Curative property of Withania somnifera Dunal root in the context of carbendazim-induced histopathological changes in the liver and kidney of rat.” Phytomedicine 2000; 7(6):499-507. )(Dhuley JN. “Adaptogenic and cardioprotective action of ashwagandha in rats and frogs.” J Ethnopharmacol 2000; 70(1):57-63.)
- Milk thistle (Sylibum marianus) is regarded as one of the most important herbal liver tonics and restoratives and medical use of milk thistle may be traced back more than 2000 years. Milk thistle has been subject to many clinical trials which clearly demonstrate its effectiveness. (Feher J, Deak G, Muzes G, et al. “Liver-protective action of silymarin therapy in chronic alcoholic liver diseases.” Orv Hetil 1989; 130(51):2723-2727. ) It is frequently recommended to counteract the harmful effects of prescription drugs and vaccinations on the liver and clinical studies have shown that it helps the liver to return to normal functioning. Scientific analysis of milk thistle shows that it contains a flavonoid complex called silymarin, which is largely responsible for the medical benefits of this herb. Silymarin is a powerful anti-oxidant and can block the entrance of toxins into the liver and remove toxins at a cellular level, thereby resulting in regeneration of liver cells and improved liver fctioning. (Comoglio A, Tomasi A, Malandrino S, et al. Scavenging effect of silipide, a new silybin-phospholipid complex, on ethanol-derived free radicals. Biochem Pharmacol 1995; 50(8):1313-1316. ) This would have a direct impact on the overall systemic health of your pet as the liver is one of the most important organs in the body.
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered and cGMP compliant facilities. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive topical products never contain any parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. They do not contain animal products, artificial colors or preservatives, and are never tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use Immunity & Liver Support?
The capsules may be given whole or opened and mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
Note: Dosages may be repeated more frequently when needed for extra support. For more frequent dosing, use one capsule every 20–30 minutes for up to 10 doses.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.
For added vitality support, it is recommended that Immunity & Liver Support be administered in conjunction with Energy Tonic™.
Get optimum results with regular use
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning.
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. Some of our satisfied customers have reported observing immediate results in their pets while many others have reported observing optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your pet receives optimum results it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support.
How long until I see results?
Response times vary from animal to animal, depending on many factors. As with all good tonics, continued benefits to health and vitality should be seen with regular use.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of Immunity & Liver Support contains 60 capsules and will last for 15 - 60 days, depending on the size of your pet.
- Empty Review
5 / 5
- Empty Review
4 / 5
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child’s condition.