A big thank you from both me and my 2 month old daughter for your Diaper Distress Cream: what a life-saver!- Cherie and Baby Lauren
What is Diaper Distress Cream?
Diaper Distress Cream is a wonderfully healing cream to protect and soothe the skin in the diaper area. Diaper Distress Cream is formulated with natural herbal and aroma-therapeutic ingredients to safely and effectively support the health of your baby’s skin, without unwanted side effects, as it is 100% natural and herbal.
Diaper Distress Cream is formulated to the highest therapeutic standards and manufactured under strict pharmaceutical conditions, in consultation with experts in the field of natural health, using natural ingredients specially chosen for their safety and effectiveness.
Keep baby bottoms healthy
The skin in the diaper area often needs extra help. Constantly being covered by a diaper and coming into contact with urine and feces can challenge the health of any skin – especially soft and sensitive baby skin. The moist and enclosed environment inside a diaper as well as the friction between the skin and diaper material can cause the tender skin in the diaper area to become vulnerable unless proper care is taken.
The natural way
There are several things you can do to care for and protect the skin on your baby’s bottom, including at-home care and prevention and the integration of natural and homeopathic remedies for natural skin support.
Changing your baby's diaper often and allowing the skin to dry completely before putting on a new diaper can help. Using a properly-fitting diaper is very important, keeping it loose enough to allow air to circulate.
Natural sunlight and fresh air are very beneficial to the diaper area (don't overdo the sun though). Also remember to avoid harsh soaps, baby wipes, or fragranced products.
There are many natural ingredients that have a long history of use in the care and protection of the skin – and which are safe and effective for babies
What are the Ingredients?
Diaper Distress Cream is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Marigold, Comfrey, Gotu kola, Lavender essential oil, Tea tree oil, Zinc cream.
- Zinc cream forms a protective layer when applied to the skin.
- Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) is used topically to support skin health and integrity. This herb is well-known for its gentle yet effective action on the skin and its effect on skin health. (Boiteau P and Batsimamanga AR. "Asiaticoside extracted from Centella asiatica, and its therapeutic uses in the healing of experimental refractory wounds, leprosy, skin tuberculosis and lupus." Therapie 1950;11:125-149.)
- Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) soothes and supports tissues and maintains healthy cell growth. It has also been studied for its ability to support healthy skin flora. (Karavaev, V. A., Solntsev, M. K., Iurina, T. P., Iurina, E. V., Poliakova, I. B., and Kuznetsov, A. M. "Antifungal activity of aqueous extracts from the leaf of cowparsnip and comfrey". Izv.Akad.Nauk Ser.Biol 2001;(4):435-441.)
- Lavender essential oil is valued for its soothing action on the skin. It has also been researched for its soothing properties on the most delicate of skin. (Dale A, Cornwell S. "The role of lavender oil in relieving perineal discomfort following childbirth: a blind randomized clinical trial." J Adv Nurs 1994;19(1):89-96.)
- Marigold (Calendula officinalis) is an herbal ingredient frequently recommended for use on the skin and a firm favorite in Western herbalist tradition. In modern times, this herb has been studied for its soothing properties (Della LR, Tubaro A, Sosa S, et al. "The role of triterpenoids in the topical anti-inflammatory activity of Calendula officinalis flowers." Planta Med 1994;60(6):516-520.) (Della Loggia R., et al. "Topical anti-inflammatory activity of Calendula officinalis extracts." Planta Med 1990;56:658.)
- Tea tree essential oil is used widely for the support of skin health. It has been studied for its ability to maintain good skin flora. (Hammer KA, Carson CF, Riley TV. "Susceptibility of transient and commensal skin flora to the essential oil of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil)." Am J Infect Control 1996;24(3):186-189. )(Carson CF, Riley TV. "The antimicrobial activity of tea tree oil." Med J Aust 1994;160(4):236.)
Diaper Distress Cream comes in an aromacare carrier cream containing purified water, fractionated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil, glycerin (vegetable origin), glyceryl monostearate, stearic acid (vegetable origin), dimethicone fluid, polysorbate, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, ethylparaben and propylparaben.
No artificial colors or fragrances are added.
Native Remedies is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
Native Remedies topical products never contain any parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. They do not contain animal products, artificial colors or preservatives, and are never tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use Diaper Distress Cream?
Squeeze a small amount of cream into palm of hand, rub hands together and apply to baby after each diaper change.
Caution: For external use only.
How long until I see results?
Baby's skin will be nourished and soothed from the first application, with a protective barrier being built up with each application thereafter.
How long will a bottle last?
Since Diaper Distress is to be used after each diaper change, duration of the product (a 50g tube) will depend largely on frequency of use. However, this cream spreads easily over the skin and a small amount goes a long way.
How has Diaper Distress Cream helped others?
“I used and loved your pregnancy products so I was thrilled to find out that you have remedies for babies as well. Your Diaper Distress Cream really [helped] my baby …After just one application of your cream he settled down …Keep making your great natural products - it is wonderful to have natural and effective alternatives…"”
“A big thank you from both me and my 2 month old daughter for your Diaper Distress Cream- what a life-saver! ...Thanks again!”
—Cherie and Baby Lauren