- Supports the liver in the breakdown of dietary fat
- Supports continued gall bladder health and functioning
- Promotes detoxification and toxin elimination
- Supports overall immune system health
Promote detoxification and support healthy liver functions. Get the Detox ComboPack.
This combo features two remedies: Liver Dr. and Detox Drops.
Liver Dr. is an herbal remedy that supports the liver in the breakdown of dietary fat. Detox Drops, another herbal remedy, promotes toxin elimination.
Together, these remedies support a healthy liver. Get them in one convenient package — the Detox ComboPack.
Liver Dr. is a 100% herbal formula that contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Dandelion, Milk thistle, and European vervain.
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianus) is an excellent and highly regarded liver tonic. (Pares A, Planas R, Torres M, et al. Effects of silymarin in alcoholic patients with cirrhosis of the liver: results of a controlled, double-blind, randomized and multicenter trial. J Hepatol 1998; 28 (4): 615-621.)( Benda L, Dittrich H, Ferenzi P, et al. The influence of therapy with silymarin on the survival rate of patients with liver cirrhosis (author's transl). Wien Klin Wochenschr 1980; 92(19):678-683.) Milk Thistle is also regarded as a potent antioxidant.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) contains bitter principles that have a beneficial tonic effect on the liver and digestive system. (Kuusi T, Pyylaso H, and Autio K. The bitterness properties of dandelion. II. Chemical investigations. Lebensm-Wiss Technol 1985; 18:347-349.)(Maliakal, P. P. and Wanwimolruk, S. Effect of herbal teas on hepatic drug metabolizing enzymes in rats. J Pharm Pharmacol 2001; 53(10):1323-1329.)(Chen, Z. Clinical study of 96 cases with chronic hepatitis B treated with jiedu yanggan gao by a double-blind method. Zhong.Xi.Yi.Jie.He.Za Zhi. 1990; 10(2):71-4, 67.) It’s considered a very effective general tonic and is known to support healthy bile flow. Dandelion also supports gall bladder functioning. It’s a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, D, and C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and manganese.
- Vervain (Verbena officinalis) has been traditionally recommended as a liver tonic but is also known to have a number of other health-promoting properties. (Deepak, M. and Handa, S. S. Anti-inflammatory activity and chemical composition of extracts of Verbena officinalis. Phytother. Res 2000; 14(6):463-465.)
When diluted as directed, Liver Dr. contains less than 1% pharmaceutical-grade alcohol as a natural preservative.
Detox Drops is a 100% herbal formula that contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: African geranium, Dandelion, and Fennel.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) contains bitter principles that have a tonic effect on the liver and digestive system. It’s also a very rich source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, D, C, and B, as well as iron, silicon, magnesium, zinc, and manganese. In recent studies, Taraxacum officinalis was shown to have an effect on the body weight of laboratory animals. (Racz-Kotilla E, Racz G, Solomon A. The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals. Planta Med 1974; 26(3):212-217).
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) has been used since ancient times. In medieval times, it was used to prevent growling stomachs during church services! Apart from its naturally supportive properties for digestion, fennel also helps maintain liver, kidney and spleen health. Animal and test-tube studies hint at a number of potentially useful benefits for the liver and gall bladder, as well as the healthy production of bile. (Forster HB, Niklas H, Lutz S. "Antispasmodic effects of some medicinal plants.” Plant Med . 1980; 40:303–19). (Tanira MOM, Shah AH, Mohsin A, et al. "Pharmacological and toxicological investigations on Foeniculum vulgare dried fruit extract in experimental animals.” Phytother Res . 1996; 10:33–6).
African geranium (Pelargonium reniforme) is a medicinal plant known to generations of Khoi/San descendants and Xhosa traditional healers for its health-supporting properties. Also known as 'Umckaloabo,’ it’s traditionally used for a range of therapeutic functions and is well known for its supportive capacity on liver functioning and as a digestive tonic. This species of pelargonium is indigenous to the Eastern Cape of South Africa and grows wild, sending out long, bulbous roots deep into the ground. The active ingredients are found in the bitter-tasting root of the plant. Recent studies have indicated that this herb can be beneficial in supporting the body’s ability to maintain balance between various body systems. (Matthys H, et al. "Efficacy and safety of an extract of Pelargonium sidoides (EPs 7630) in adults with acute bronchitis. A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.” Phytomedicine. 2003; 10 (suppl 4):7–17).
How To Use
Liver Dr. drops and Detox Drops can safely be taken together on a daily basis. When combined, these remedies can be used as part of a complete approach to liver health.