- Prepares the perineal area for childbirth
- Soothes the perineal area after birth
- This product is currently unavailable
I wanted to let you know how much I like your products, which I would recommend to any person about to have a baby.- Angie, KY, USA
What is Easiotomy Cream?
Easiotomy Cream is a 100% natural, safe and effective cream made from selected herbs, minerals and vitamins specifically for the perineal area before and after childbirth.
Before birth and during the last few weeks of pregnancy Easiotomy Cream can be massaged onto the perineal area, helping to tone and prepare this area for the stretching it will experience during childbirth. After your baby is born, Easiotomy Cream can be used as part of your post-birth recovery routine to safely and effectively soothe the perineum.
Easiotomy Cream is formulated to the highest therapeutic standards and manufactured under strict pharmaceutical conditions, in consultation by our clinical psychologist and her team of natural health experts, using ingredients specially chosen for their safety and effectiveness.
What is the perineum?
In women, the perineum is the area between the anus and the vulva (vaginal opening). There is a great deal of pressure exerted on this area during childbirth and it is common to experience some bruising and discomfort after your baby has been born.
An episiotomy is an incision made into the area around the vaginal opening (perineum) either towards the anus or at an oblique angle, to enlarge the space through which the baby must pass.
This is generally done to expedite delivery or to prevent spontaneous tearing of the perineum as a controlled cut was often thought to heal better than a random tear.
By taking steps to prepare the perineum for birth and following correct childbirth procedures, the need for an episiotomy can be drastically reduced and recovery time shortened.
The natural way
A well-prepared mother can greatly reduce the need for an episiotomy, which should only be performed when necessary and for the benefit of the mother and baby, rather than the convenience of the delivery team.
In addition, natural and homeopathic remedies can help to prepare the perineum for birth and greatly ease common tenderness following any birthing process, whether an episiotomy was a required procedure or not. Cold packs or compresses placed on the perineum can help to relieve the worst of the discomfort during the first few days after delivery.
What are the Ingredients?
Easiotomy Cream is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Comfrey oil, Gotu Kola, Lavender essential oil, Pilewort, Silica (3X), St. John's Wort, Vitamin E oil, Witch hazel.
- Vitamin E oil is widely used as a natural skin tonic. Many people use Vitamin E products topically to ensure optimal skin health.
- Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) is used topically for the health of the skin and connective tissue. This herb also contains Asiaticosides - which support the synthesis of lipids and proteins necessary for healthy skin. (Shukla A, Rasik AM, Jain GK, et al. "In vitro and in vivo wound healing activity of asiaticoside isolated from Centella asiatica". J Ethnopharmacol. 1999;65:1–11).
- Comfrey essential oil soothes the skin and surrounding tissue. This ingredient soothes and supports tissues and maintains healthy cell growth. It has also been studied for its ability to support healthy skin flora. (Karavaev, V. A., Solntsev, M. K., Iurina, T. P., Iurina, E. V., Poliakova, I. B., and Kuznetsov, A. M. "Antifungal activity of aqueous extracts from the leaf of cowparsnip and comfrey". Izv.Akad.Nauk Ser.Biol 2001;(4):435-441.)
- St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) and is commonly used as an internal remedy for supporting emotional wellbeing. Applied topically, as it has been in Western herbalism and European folk tradition, Hypericum perforatum is an excellent skin tonic. In recent times, this herb has also been shown to help support skin health. (Schempp CM, Winghofer B, Ludtke R, Simon-Haarhaus B, Shopp E, Simon JC. "Topical application of St John's wort (Hypericum perforatum L) and of its metabolite hyperforin inhibits the allostimulatory capacity of epidermal cells". Br J Derm. 2000;142:979-984).
- Lavender essential oil is valued for its soothing and health-promoting properties for the skin. It has also been researched for its soothing properties on the perineum after childbirth. (Dale A, Cornwell S. "The role of lavender oil in relieving perineal discomfort following childbirth: a blind randomized clinical trial." J Adv Nurs 1994;19(1):89-96.) It has also been studied for its ability to act as a natural soother (Ghelardini C, Galeotti N, Salvatore G, et al. "Local anaesthetic activity of the essential oil of Lavandula angustifolia." Planta Med 1999;65(8):700-703.)
- Pilewort (Ranunculus ficaria) is another soothing herb which has been used for centuries to maintain tissue health, especially in the perineal area. This herb is one of the earliest of spring flowers whose tubers give the plant its Latin name ficaria - from the Latin for a fig, ficus. Historically, the tubers were likened to nodules – hence the common name "Pilewort". Constituents include anemonin, protoanemonin and tannin.
- Silica (3x) is essential in the maintenance of healthy and strong skin and is the main component in all connective body tissues. Silica also stimulates cell metabolism and cell formation, improving elasticity.
- Witch hazel (Hamamelis) has long been used by Native Americans for topical skin health. Studies have also shown Witch hazel to be especially soothing on the skin. ( "Drug therapy of hemorrhoids. Proven results of therapy with a hamamelis containing hemorrhoid ointment." Results of a meeting of experts. Dresden, 30 August 1991]. Fortschr.Med.Suppl 1991;116:1-11)( Korting, H. C., Schafer-Korting, M., Hart, H., Laux, P., and Schmid, M. "Anti-inflammatory activity of hamamelis distillate applied topically to the skin. Influence of vehicle and dose." Eur.J.Clin.Pharmacol. 1993;44(4):315-318.)
Easiotomy Cream is registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Native Remedies is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
Native Remedies topical products never contain any parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. They do not contain animal products, artificial colors or preservatives, and are never tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use Easiotomy Cream?
After cleansing, squeeze a small amount of cream onto fingertips and lightly massage into the perineal area.
Adults: For a few weeks before birth, apply 1-3 times daily after cleansing. After birth, apply cream 1-2 times daily after cleansing.
Caution: For external use only.
How long until I see results?
Easiotomy Cream should be used consistently up to the moment of childbirth. The perineal area will be nourished from the first application and begin the gradual preparation for childbirth. After childbirth, the soothing and restorative properties of Easiotomy Cream will be felt almost immediately.
How long will a tube last?
Each Easiotomy Cream is presented as a 20g tube, and is to be used during the weeks prior to and after birth. One tube should last on average between 3-4 weeks as a little goes a long way.
How has Easiotomy Cream helped others?
“…After using your Easiotomy Cream not only did I feel an immediate soothing effect, I was also up and about…after just a few days. I am so pleased I found this cream- thank you so much!”
—Judy L., first-time-mom
“My midwife introduced me to your [Native Remedies] range and I wanted to let you know how much I like your products, which I would recommend to any person about to have a baby. I am especially grateful for your Easiotomy Cream... Compared to the birth of my first child, it really helped...”
—Angie, KY, USA