Keep your child calm and focused with the FocusPlus ComboPack for Kids, a two-part approach especially formulated by a clinical psychologist and our team of experts in natural medicine for both children and adults, to relieve the symptoms of ADD/ADHD.
This 100% natural combo features two of our most popular remedies: BrightSpark and Focus Formula.
BrightSpark is a safe, non–addictive, natural remedy containing 100% homeopathic ingredients especially selected to relieve symptoms of ADD/ADHD including hyperactivity, distractibility and impulsiveness in children without the potentially dangerous side effects associated with many psychiatric drugs.
Focus Formula is a 100% safe, non-addictive, natural herbal remedy specifically formulated to relieve additional symptoms of ADD/ADHD, including poor mental focus, trouble concentrating and decreased attention span without the use of stimulants.
Together, these remedies provide the symptomatic relief and long-term support for ADD/ADHD that can contribute to a feeling of well-being. Get them in one convenient package — the FocusPlus ComboPack for Kids.
BrightSpark is 100% homeopathic and contains the following ingredients: Hyoscyamus (30C), Arsen iod (30C), Argent nit (6C), Vertarum alb (30C).
- Hyoscyamus (30C) has been known to help relieve over-excitability, restlessness, and general disruptive behavior in hyperactive children. This remedy provides general relief from sudden frenetic outbursts and involuntary twitching or grunting. Hyoscyamus can also be of benefit to people who have a tendency to show foolish behavior, facial grimaces, inappropriate behavior, and fidgeting hands.
- Arsen iod (30C) is used to promote balance during temper outbursts but can also assist in suppressing annoyance when confronted with trying and frustrating circumstances. This proven homeopathic remedy is often recommended for people who tend to be irritable and restless, hyperactive, or excitable and impatient with sudden outbursts. There is often a history of allergic reactions or hay fever.
- Verat alb (30C) can help bring about emotional stability and soothe the nerves during tumultuous inner struggles and conflict. Homeopaths often recommend Verta alb for hyperactive children or those who tend to be critical and restless.
- Argent nit (6C) is best used as a homeopathic remedy for those who tend to be impulsive and impressionable, and have difficulty controlling their emotions or temper. They may laugh or cry readily. It is also used to alleviate anxiety and fear caused by deep-rooted insecurity.
Focus Formula is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Extract of Nettle, Chamomile, Ginkgo biloba, Gotu kola, Green oats, Rooibos, Skullcap.
- Maidenhair tree (Ginkgo biloba) is an extremely effective herb used in traditional Chinese medicine and derived from one of the oldest trees on Earth. Recent studies have indicated its effectiveness in maintaining the functions of a healthy circulatory system, particularly in older patients with age-related memory loss and forgetfulness (Rai GS, Shovlin C, Wesnes KA. Curr Med Res Opin 1991;12:350-355; Oken BS, Storzbach DM, Kaye JA. Arch Neurol. 1998;55:1409-1415; Le Bars PL, Kieser M, Itil KZ. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2000;11:230-237). Ginkgo biloba is one of the top-selling herbal medicines in Europe and is in the top five of all prescriptions written in France and Germany. Active ingredients include flavone glycosides (including ginkgolide), bioflavins, sitosterol, lactones and anthocyanin.
- Skullcap (Scutellaria laterifolia) has been traditionally used as an effective nerve tonic. It helps to support the natural equilibrium normally present in the mind and contributes to the maintenance of a healthy attitude. Active ingredients include flavonoids, tannins, bitter, volatile oil and minerals. Scutellaria lateriflora was recently studied with regards to its supportive ability on relaxed mood and calmness. (Wolfson P, Hoffmann DL. "An investigation into the efficacy of Scutellaria lateriflora in healthy volunteers". Phytos Inc., San Anselmo, Calif., USA. Altern Ther Health Med. 2003 Mar-Apr;9(2):74-8.)
- German chamomile (Matricaria recutita) was traditionally used to help relieve occasional simple nervous tension. This herb helps to gently soothe and lessen frustration caused by common everyday overwork and fatigue. Active ingredients include volatile oil, flavonoids, valerianic acid, coumarins, tannins, salicylates and cyanogenic glycosides.
- Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) is found wild in moist areas throughout Africa and Asia. This herb is traditionally used as a tonic to support a healthy brain and nervous system. Centella asiatica is recommended to support brain functions such as mental clarity and a healthy memory, as well as to maintain a balanced mood. This medicinal herb is so highly respected in Ayurvedic medicine for its effect on the mind that it is even said to increase knowledge of Brahman, the supreme reality! Centella asiatica is also a favorite food of elephants and, as we all know, elephants never forget! Recent studies have suggested that Centella asiatica supports cerebral blood flow (CBF) and circulation in general (Pointel JP, Boccalon H, Cloarec M, Ledevehat C, Joubert M. Angiology 1987;38[1 Pt 1]:46-50), thereby allowing oxygen-rich blood to penetrate deep into the brain. Studies have also suggested that this herb may be beneficial as a mood tonic (Bradwejn J, Zhou Y, Koszycki D, Shlik J. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2000;20:680-684).
- Green oats (Avena sativa) is a general tonic traditionally used in folk medicine, as well as in modern herbalism. Avena sativa is invaluable in alleviating common nervous irritability. Active ingredients include saponins; flavonoids; minerals; alkaloids; steroidal compounds; and vitamins B1, B2, D, and E.
- Extract of Nettle (stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) and/or dwarf nettle (Urtica urens)) is used both traditionally and in modern herbalism to maintain blood sugar levels already within the normal range. Urtica urens also helps to maintain the good disposition of the circulatory system in a healthy body. Active ingredients are histamine; formic acid; acetylcholine (important in maintaining healthy memory functioning); glucoquinones; minerals; vitamins A, B and C; and tannins.
- Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) is indigenous to the Cedarberg Mountains of Cape Town, South Africa, and is not found anywhere else in the world! Rooibos contains magnesium, zinc, and iron, all of which assist in maintaining a healthy nervous system. Zinc and iron, in particular, support natural systemic balance in the brain, promoting standard consistency and normal functioning of the nervous system. In an animal study, the protective effects of Aspalathus linearis against damage to the central nervous system (CNS) were investigated. Chronic Rooibos tea administration helped the animal body to naturally resist age-related accumulation of lipid peroxides in several regions of the rat brain (Inanami O, Asanuma T, Inukai N, Jin T, Shimokawa S, Kasai N, Nakano M, Sato F, Kuwabara M. "The suppression of age-related accumulation of lipid peroxides in rat brain by administration of Rooibos tea (Aspalathus linearis)". Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Morioka, Japan. Neurosci Lett. 1995 Aug 18;196(1-2):85-8.).
How To Use
BrightSpark tablets and Focus Formula drops can safely be taken together on a daily basis. When combined, these remedies can be used as part of a complete approach to symptomatic relief of ADD/ADHD and long-term mental well-being.