- Supports metabolism along with a balanced lifestyle
- Supports healthy weight management
- Supports the digestive system by maintaining the natural breakdown of fats
- Maintains healthy energy levels through nutrient absorption
- Addresses the tendency to comfort eat
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) has been used since ancient times to ‘take the edge off’ appetite and was traditionally used to avoid 'growling stomachs' during church services! Fennel also supports the liver, kidneys and spleen. The health of these body organs is essential for the breakdown of dietary fat and the elimination of waste products from the body.
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has been used for many hundreds of years to maintain healthy digestion. It relaxes the muscles of the digestive tract and supports the flow of natural digestive juices and bile, which assist the body to effectively digest and process food.(Taylor BA, Luscombe DK, Duthie HL. "Inhibitory effect of peppermint on gastrointestinal smooth muscle" Gut. 1983;24:A992).
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis), an unusually nutritious ingredient, has vitamins A, C, D, and B complex, as well as iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, manganese, copper, choline, calcium, boron, and silicon. The bitter principles of dandelion support digestion. Dandelion also supports the flow of bile, and helps to maintain liver health. (Hook I, McGee A, Henman M, et al. "Evaluation of dandelion for diuretic activity and variation in potassium content". Int J Pharmacog 1993;31(1):29-34). In recent studies, Taraxacum officinalis was shown to have an effect on laboratory animals with respect to body weight. (Racz-Kotilla E, Racz G, Solomon A. "The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals." Planta Med 1974;26(3):212-217).
- Milk-vetch (Astragalus membranaceous) has been used for many centuries as support for the endocrine system.
- Licorice (Glycorrhiza glabra) has many uses, including support for the digestive system. A recent human study found that a preparation of licorice may reduce body fat. Fifteen normal-weight subjects consumed licorice for 2 months (3.5 g a day). Body fat mass was measured before and after. Licorice was able to reduce body fat mass (Bernardi M, D'Intino PE, Trevisani F, et al. Effects of prolonged ingestion of graded doses of licorice by healthy volunteers. Life Sci. 1994;55(11):863-872). Another study found that a topical preparation of glycyrrhetinic acid (a component of licorice) was able to reduce the thickness of fat on the thigh in human subjects. (Teelucksingh S, Mackie ADR, Burt D, et al. Potentiation of hydrocortisone activity in skin by glycyrrhetinic acid. Lancet. 1990;335:1060–1063).
- Wood betony (Stachys officinalis) is very useful for the child who may turn to food for comfort. Wood betony can help to support digestive health and metabolism in growing bodies.
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is well-known for its soothing and calming properties.
I just want to tell you that JuniorSlim worked very well... I am so happy because now I can also do gymnastics like my friends, and I don’t get tired like I did before.- Candice (Age 9)
What is JuniorSlim?
JuniorSlim is a weight support supplement for kids. JuniorSlim is a non-addictive natural herbal remedy formulated by our team of natural health experts for children and preteens. JuniorSlim can especially benefit those overweight children and preteens needing to consistently support routine weight management and a healthy metabolism without compromising growth and health and without known side effects.
JuniorSlim is used as part of a total slimming program to support healthy metabolism, improve energy levels and systemic harmony in the stomach and digestive system, and support healthy weight management in children without known side effects and without stimulants.
In combination with a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet, JuniorSlim supports the healthy functioning of the digestive system, thereby helping to maintain optimum performance and therefore maintain normal weight for children.
The formula remains true to the whole spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bio-availability and balance of all the ingredients contained in the remedy. This method of manufacture also significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and maintains all ingredients in perfect balance – exactly as nature intended!
Address chubbiness without hindering growth
Age-related chubbiness is sometimes carried over from a child’s toddler years. This is normal, and can be as a result of genetics (mom or dad may also be inclined to have a fuller figure), or it could be as a result of bad eating habits as a teeny tot. These days, children spend more time in front of the TV and less time outdoors, which means that they have less exercise. As a result, some children and preteens may find that they are rounder and more padded than their peers. Some overweight children may be teased at school, or find it difficult to take part in sport and other activities.
Although the most common concern is healthy body fat range; children's weight range varies and as important as it is to maintain weight, it is also important that a young, growing body is supported nutritionally. The pre-pubescent body also needs balance to gain the systemic strength needed for the transition into puberty and the teenage years.
While a child’s waistline may or may not become an issue, being healthy and developing normally for their age is priority. Staying healthy and ensuring that the body is supported in carrying out its normal duties in various parts of the body, such as the digestive system and stomach, will mean the best chance of promoting child weight management.
The natural way
Naturopaths prefer to take a holistic look at the individual and encompass a variety of factors to include diet, lifestyle, personality type, surroundings and emotional elements – thereby supporting the health of the individual as a whole. Natural weight support supplements for kids are formulated to support body systems in order to restore balance.
Natural remedies have been used for thousands of years to support the metabolism, helping to promote a balanced weight and body type.
In more recent times, research has confirmed this traditional wisdom. There are now many published clinical studies demonstrating the ability of a range of herbs to support the normal functioning of the stomach, liver and digestive system and maintain children's weight management and a healthy metabolism in children.
What are the Ingredients?
JuniorSlim is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients: Dandelion, Lemon balm, Licorice, Astragalus, Peppermint, Sweet fennel, Wood Betony.
Note: JuniorSlim contains less than 1% pure ethanol when diluted as directed.
Native Remedies is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients in a Full Spectrum manufacturing process that doesn’t use any chemical solvents. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent, easily ingested remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
Native Remedies herbal products never contain any animal products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use JuniorSlim?
Dilute drops in 1/4 cup of water or juice.
Children 3-12: Take 1 drop per year of age 2-3 times daily before meals.
Children 13+: We recommend TeenSlim™
Caution: Not recommended for children under 3 years of age unless under medical supervision. Do not deprive your child of healthy food. Consult a dietician or nutritionist for advice if your child has more than age-appropriate baby-fat to decrease.
How long until I see benefits?
Benefits will vary based on a variety of factors such as individual constitution, body type, lifestyle, diet and energy levels. However, if the recommendations are followed on healthy diet and exercise levels, consistent users of JuniorSlim should begin to see benefits within 3 – 6 weeks. JuniorSlim contains gentle all natural herbs.
Regular use of JuniorSlim will support metabolism without jeopardizing normal growth.
How long will a bottle last?
One 60 mL bottle of JuniorSlim taken regularly will last approximately 80 days depending on the age of the child and frequency of use.
How has JuniorSlim helped others?
“My son Chad... became the object of teasing and bullying because of his size, and I could see this was affecting his self-esteem. I didn’t want him to be a fat child who would grow to become a fat and unhealthy adult so I decided to take action. JuniorSlim was the best choice I could have made. We began to monitor his diet a bit more closely and provided healthy options for school lunches. Within weeks he was more energetic and seemed happier, and he has steadily lost his "pudgy" look over the last few months. I have recommended JuniorSlim to some other moms who are concerned about their kids putting on weight and everyone has been very impressed.”
“Unfortunately my 11 year old twin girls have picked up on their parents’ bad lifestyle habits, and their lack of exercise and poor diet began to take a toll on their health and young figures. At the age where all their friends were becoming aware of clothes and boys, my two girls became withdrawn and I knew it was because of their weight. We bought JuniorSlim and also began to eat more healthily at home. The changes have been astounding - both girls have shed their baby-fat and are looking absolutely lovely. This has given them confidence and set my mind at rest about their health in the future. JuniorSlim is an excellent product!”
—Cheryl and Steve
“I just want to tell you that JuniorSlim worked very well... I am so happy because now I can also do gymnastics like my friends, and I don’t get tired like I did before.”
—Candice (Age 9)