- Supports healthy levels of melatonin and 5-HTP — two nutrients needed for night-time peacefulness and rest
- Supports a peaceful night and a refreshing start to your day
- Assists with occasional restlessness at night
- Maintains night-time harmony naturally
- Maintains a healthy sleep pattern
I have tried many natural products over the years. None of them has helped me like SerenitePlus.- Kay F., Canada
What is SerenitePlus?
SerenitePlus is a natural formula with herbal and nutritional ingredients such as valerian, passion flower, melatonin and the nutrient, 5-HTP. SerenitePlus has been specially formulated for teenagers and adults who need help getting a good night’s sleep.
The natural ingredients have been chosen to reduce nighttime restlessness after a busy day. SerenitePlus works quickly to support the maintenance of harmony and rest.
This remedy has been used safely and effectively for many years. The new and improved herbal formula is based on up-to-date scientific knowledge of natural sleep patterns.
SerenitePlus may be combined with Serenite-LT for additional support of ongoing sleep health and to maintain healthy sleep patterns.
New Advanced Formula with 3 Great New Ingredients!
Melatonin: Healthy levels influence healthy sleep patterns and quality of sleep.
Valerian: It's well-known for its soothing and calming properties and for its ability to encourage peaceful slumber.
5-HTP: It's a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that’s important in a healthy sleep cycle, as well as for a balanced mood and feelings of well-being.
Sleep the night away!
Sleep is a vital bodily function. We need it to rejuvenate and restore ourselves. It can also be immensely enjoyable. We can go without sleep occasionally, but chronic sleep deprivation can have devastating effects on our health.
Did you know that while you sleep, complex chemical interactions take place in your body? The amino acid, L-tryptophan, (found naturally in certain foods) is converted into 5-HTP and is used to make the neurotransmitter, serotonin.
Serotonin is transformed into the sleep hormone, melatonin, by the pineal gland in the brain. The pineal gland only becomes active after dark and shuts down in the daylight. This is one reason why people who work the night shift may have sleep problems.
By regulating melatonin levels, our bodies create the 'sleep-wake cycle,' or circadian rhythm. Of course, the process is complex, and there are other things that contribute to healthy sleep. However, sufficient production of serotonin and melatonin is crucial in promoting and maintaining normal sleep patterns.
The natural way
You can do the following things to naturally support healthy sleep:
- Exercise regularly but not before bedtime.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine products at least four hours before bedtime.
- Relax before bedtime to help yourself wind down mentally and physically.
- Take a warm bath just before going to bed.
- If you are worried, anxious or depressed, talk to someone you trust.
- If you have unresolved issues or problems that are causing stress, consult a counselor for help in making changes to your life.
What are the Ingredients?
SerenitePlus is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Passion flower, Valerian root, Melatonin, 5-HTP .
- Passion flower (Passiflora incarnata) is a gentle, effective, soothing herb often recommended by herbalists for people who tend to worry occasionally and to help support mental peace and harmony.
- Valerian root has a long and illustrious history and appears in recorded writings from ancient Greece and Rome. It’s well-known for its soothing and calming properties and for its ability to encourage peaceful slumber. Research suggests that natural chemicals found in valerian act on GABA receptors in the brain. Due to its long history of use, valerian has been well-studied. There are also many scientific studies that support its benefits (Marder M, Viola H, Wasowski C, Fernández S, Medina JH, Paladini AC (2003). "6-methylapigenin and hesperidin: new valeriana flavonoids with activity on the CNS." Pharmacol Biochem Behav 75 (3): 537-45; Fernández S, Wasowski C, Paladini AC, Marder M (2004). "Sedative and sleep-enhancing properties of linarin, a flavonoid-isolated from Valeriana officinalis." Pharmacol Biochem Behav 77(2): 399-404. Holzl J, Godau P. (1989). "Receptor binding studies with Valeriana officinalis on the benzodiazepine receptor." Planta Medica 55: 642. doi:10.1055/s-2006-962221; Mennini T, Bernasconi P, et al. (1993). "In vitro study in the interaction of extracts and pure compounds from Valerian officinalis roots with GABA, benzodiazepine and barbiturate receptors." Fitoterapia 64: 291-300.).
- Melatonin is a naturally occurring substance in the body and is produced mainly by the pineal gland, which uses serotonin as a precursor. This is why adequate levels of serotonin are important for healthy sleep. At night, the pineal gland ‘switches on’ in response to the absence of light, which is why it’s important to ensure that your bedroom is dark at night. Studies have suggested that melatonin levels influence healthy sleep patterns and the quality of sleep. These levels may also assist in supporting sleep in the elderly due to the natural reduction of melatonin production from the normal aging process (Mundey, K; Benloucif, S; Harsanyi, K; Dubocovich, ML; Zee, PC (2005). "Phase-dependent treatment of delayed sleep phase syndrome with melatonin." Sleep 28(10): 1271-8; Buscemi, N.; Vandermeer, B; Hooton, N; Pandya, R; Tjosvold, L; Hartling, L; Vohra, S; Klassen, TP et al. (2006). "Efficacy and safety of exogenous melatonin for secondary sleep disorders and sleep disorders accompanying sleep restriction: meta-analysis." BMJ 332(7538): 385-93. doi:10.1136/bmj.38731.532766.F6. PMC 1370968; Sack, RL; Lewy, AJ; Erb, DL; Vollmer, WM; Singer, CM (1986). "Human melatonin production decreases with age." Journal of pineal research 3(4): 379-88. doi:10.1111/j.1600-079.).
- 5-HTP, also known as 5-hydroxytryptophan or oxitriptan, is a nutrient found in certain foods. 5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that’s important in a healthy sleep cycle, as well as for a balanced mood and feelings of well-being (Turner EH, Loftis JM, Blackwell AD (2006). "Serotonin a la carte: supplementation with the serotonin precursor 5-hydroxytryptophan." Pharmacol. Ther. 109(3): 325-38; Shaw K, Turner J, Del Mar C (2002). "Tryptophan and 5-hydroxytryptophan for depression." Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Online) (1).).
Native Remedies is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients in a Full Spectrum manufacturing process that doesn’t use any chemical solvents. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent, easily ingested remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
Native Remedies herbal products never contain any animal products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals. Our products are always backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
How do I use SerenitePlus?
Swallow capsules whole with a small amount of water or juice.
Adults & Children 16+: Take 1-2 capsules 30 minutes before bed.
Children 6-15: Take 1 capsule 30 minutes before bed.
Children under 6: We recommend Serenite Jr.™
Caution: If you take SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors), MAO inhibitors or antidepressants, consult a healthcare professional before taking this product. Safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not yet been established. Try homeopathic Triple Complex Sleep Tonic™ for safe sleep support for all ages, as well as during pregnancy and nursing.
How long until I see results?
Due to the fast-acting formula, initial results should be noted within 10-15 minutes.
Get optimum results with regular use
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health, relieve ailments and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning (rather than just suppressing symptoms).
People respond to natural medicine in different ways. Some of our satisfied customers experience immediate results. Others have reported optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure that you receive optimum results, it's important to take natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report taking a regular maintenance dose as part of a preventative program for continued health and well-being.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of SerenitePlus will last 30-60 days depending on dosage.
How has SerenitePlus helped others?
“Thanks for the advice given to me by your team. I have been recommending SerenitePlus to all of my friends.”
“I decided to purchase your SerenitePlus product... This product has truly been a blessing to me. I have 3 children and... I have starting taking other products from your company and I am pleased with those as well. I am telling others about your products, and again want to say thank you.”
—Donna, LA, USA
“This remedy really does the trick...”
“I am not as active as before, although I try and walk a little with the dogs every day! I have been very pleased with the results of your remedy, which... helps me. Thank you for answering all my questions!”
— George B.C.