Information on aging eye, crow's feet, laugh lines, wrinkles and sagging under eyes.
Select a Topic
- What are Under Eye Wrinkles?
- What Causes Under Eye Wrinkles?
- Help for Under Eye Wrinkles
- More Information on Under Eye Wrinkles
What are Under Eye Wrinkles?
Under eye wrinkles are small lines or wrinkles in the skin around the eyes, also referred to as ‘laugh lines’ or ‘crows feet’. This is because the lines resemble the feet of a crow, branching outwards from the outer corner of the eye or below the eye.
What Causes Under Eye Wrinkles?
In the same way fabric creases from being folded, laughing, squinting or rubbing of the eye can cause creases and wrinkles. The skin under the eye becomes dehydrated and dry and this causes fine lines or creates a sagging appearance. To make matters worse, the skin around the eye area is the most sensitive skin on the face.
Most people dread these fine lines as they herald the first signs of aging. Unfortunately, aging is inevitable, but a lot can be done to help slow this process. The good news is that under eye wrinkles can be controlled and their appearance diminished with appropriate treatments.
Help for Under Eye Wrinkles
Most women (and men too) will admit to one (or more) anti-aging cream in their beauty regimen. There are vast creams and lotions on the market claiming to reduce or eliminate under eye wrinkles and fine lines or stop the aging process.
The truth is that while creams may help to moisturize the skin, there is no conventional way to get rid of wrinkles. Furthermore, many creams are too rich and may further irritate the skin, or cause the skin to over compensate and disrupt the delicate balance of natural skin oils.
More Information on Under Eye Wrinkles
Tips related to under eye wrinkles
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day to keep your skin moist, refreshed and supple
- Apply gentle moisturizer after a warm face wash to restore oils and keep skin hydrated
- Keep your face well protected from UV rays can help to prevent premature aging
- Exercise to keep skin elasticity and prevent wrinkles
- Eat a healthy diet full of vitamins and minerals to keep your skin fresh and clean
- Get good sleep – sleep will help your skin to look more healthy and fresh
- Be gentle when washing and use a light circular motion
- Do not squeeze spots!
- Do not smoke – this causes premature aging and yellowing of the skin
- Cleanse your face every day, preferably at night before bed
- Do not use harsh chemicals on your face – a natural cleanser is best
- Use slices of cucumber to quickly calm tired eyes and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Do not wipe the eye vigorously – stretching the skin can contribute to the formation of new wrinkles (remember the skin loses its ability to ‘snap’ back into shape as we age)!
- Do not applying too much make up around the eye – this will only enhance wrinkles!
- Embrace your age