The Many Benefits of Gelsemium
English Name: Yellow Jessamine
Latin Name: Gelsemium Sempervirens
What is Gelsemium Made From?
Gelsemium is prepared from the roots of the yellow jessamine plant. The roots are chopped up and soaked in alcohol to form a solution. The solution is filtered and weakened to the desired potency.
What is Gelsemium?
Gelsemium is a homeopathic remedy that targets coordination, balance and fearfulness.
Homeopathic medicines may be produced from healing substances, neutral substances, or highly toxic substances. Yet through the unique homeopathic process, they all become safe, deep acting medicines. In fact, remedies made from poisonous or toxic material have effects opposite from the original substance. Homeopathic remedies are based on the belief that “like cures like,” in tiny dilution.
Medicinal Uses of Gelsemium
Key homeopathic uses for Gelsemium include vertigo, nervous system disorders that cause muscle aches, head and scalp pain, menstrual pain, and fever-related discomfort such as flushing, shivering and perspiration. Gelsemium is also used for people suffering from specific fears and phobias, such as stage fright or exam nerves.
From a homeopathic remedy profile perspective, Gelsemium is well-suited to those who tend to become sedentary, moving as little as possible.
Products Featuring Gelsemium
VertiFree™ Tablets for Common Vertigo Symptoms
Native Remedies recommends you consult your doctor before introducing new herbal products into your regimen. Always ensure you are buying high-quality, laboratory-tested supplements from a reputable supplier. At Native Remedies, we back all our products with a 100 percent money-back guarantee. If you’re not happy with your purchase after trying it for 30 days, simply send it back for a refund. Here’s to your good health!
The content provided is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you have a health condition, please consult a medical professional and do not use this information to self-diagnose or self-treat.
- “Gelsemium sempervirens.” Nutriwiki. Accessed August 25, 2019. https://nutrawiki.org/gelsemium-sempervirens/
- “Gelsemium Herb Uses, Benefits, Cures, Side Effects, Nutrients.” Herbpathy. Accessed August 25, 2019. https://herbpathy.com/Uses-and-Benefits-of-Gelsemium-Cid2547
- “Gelsemium.” Web MD. Accessed June 21, 2019. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-455/gelsemium
- Broericke, W. “Gelsemium Sempervirens.” HomeopathyBooks.in. Accessed August 25, 2019. https://homeopathybooks.in/boerickes-materia-medica/gelsemium-sempervirens/
- “Gelsemium/Gels.” Home Remedy Central. Accessed August 25, 2019. http://www.homeremedycentral.com/en/homeopathic-remedies/homeopathy/gelsemium.html
Reviewed by Master Herbalist, Mary Ellen Kosanke